* [ECOS] file system on eCos !!
@ 2003-09-12  0:21 rakesh
From: rakesh @ 2003-09-12  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was trying to port a samll http server on eCos
(written for Linux). Can somebody give me details
about file system on eCos. Say I want to open some
file as
fd = open("/home/rakesh/xyz.data", O_RDWR);
So how to install file system so that I can have files
like /home/rakesh/xyz.data? And how and where to
download file on target board?

Regards
Rakesh

* Re: [ECOS] file system on eCos !!
@ 2003-09-12  6:59 ` sandeep
From: sandeep @ 2003-09-12  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

rakesh wrote:

> I was trying to port a samll http server on eCos
> (written for Linux). Can somebody give me details
> about file system on eCos. Say I want to open some
> file as
> fd = open("/home/rakesh/xyz.data", O_RDWR);
> So how to install file system so that I can have files
> like /home/rakesh/xyz.data? And how and where to
> download file on target board?

Please have a look at ROMFS and RAMFS tests. You can build a static image of
your web content (in ROMFS) and use it, in case you want some more files to be
created during webserver run, make use of RAMFS.

you may also want to have a look at GoAhead webserver that has eCos port. they
use their own webromfs (static image of web content). If you search goahead
newsgroup you can find patch to make it use eCos's ROMFS instead. In case you
don't manage it for some reasons, send me offlist mail.

In all the cases the ROMFS (or equivalent) content is part of executable that you create.

I hope I interpreted your question  correctly?

regards
sandeep

* Re: [ECOS] file system on eCos !!
@ 2003-09-12 10:22   ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2003-09-12 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Please have a look at ROMFS and RAMFS tests. You can build a static image
> of your web content (in ROMFS) and use it, in case you want some more files
> to be created during webserver run, make use of RAMFS.

Also take a look at JFFS2.

     Andrew