* [ECOS] racoon working with eCos
@ 2003-09-12  9:20 sandeep
From: sandeep @ 2003-09-12  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

hi,

locally we got racoon working with eCos making use of libipsec/openssl and
adding few more files/directories to net/bsd_tcpip tree. for this we had added -
- openssl, racoon, libipsec as new packages under packages/net and modified
packages/ecos.db
- included some files and directories (include/crypto, src/sys/crypto,
src/sys/netkey) from freebsd net code into current ecos cvs code
freebsd_net.cdl and few other files in existing/ newly added code were modified
to fit in.

now openssl port is already out, so we need to tune it up to work with that
before making it available.
what is the best way to make it available to community? -
- a diff of ecos.db, net/bsd_tcpip and epks of  libipsec and racoon
- any other better way? diffs get tied down to a particular checkout.

are there some formalities to be done for making the stuff available?

is anyone else working in same thing already and planning to contribute racoon
made to work with eCos?

regards
sandeep

---

* Re: [ECOS] racoon working with eCos
@ 2003-09-12 10:43 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2003-09-12 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sandeep; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 03:01:21PM +0530, sandeep wrote:
> hi,
>
> locally we got racoon working with eCos making use of libipsec/openssl and
> adding few more files/directories to net/bsd_tcpip tree. for this we had added -
> - openssl, racoon, libipsec as new packages under packages/net and modified
> packages/ecos.db
> - included some files and directories (include/crypto, src/sys/crypto,
> src/sys/netkey) from freebsd net code into current ecos cvs code
> freebsd_net.cdl and few other files in existing/ newly added code were modified
> to fit in.
>
> now openssl port is already out, so we need to tune it up to work with that
> before making it available.
> what is the best way to make it available to community? -
> - a diff of ecos.db, net/bsd_tcpip and epks of  libipsec and racoon
> - any other better way? diffs get tied down to a particular checkout.

As i said earlier, because of American legal requirements, the
encryption algorithms themselves cannot go into CVS. The rest of it
probably can. So there needs to be a clean separation and the
appropriate CDL to control this.

I suggest you make them available for comments. Put it up on a server
somewhere since i suspect the changes are quite big. We will then take
a look and make some suggestions for changes that need to be made
before the code can be included in the CVS.

> are there some formalities to be done for making the stuff available?

You will need a copyright assignment for the parts that go into
CVS. See http://ecos.sourceware.org/ecos/assign.html

     Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] racoon working with eCos
@ 2003-09-12 10:59   ` sandeep
From: sandeep @ 2003-09-12 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Thanks Andrew,

> As i said earlier, because of American legal requirements, the
> encryption algorithms themselves cannot go into CVS. The rest of it
> probably can. So there needs to be a clean separation and the
> appropriate CDL to control this.
>
> I suggest you make them available for comments. Put it up on a server
> somewhere since i suspect the changes are quite big. We will then take
> a look and make some suggestions for changes that need to be made
> before the code can be included in the CVS.
Will do some cleanup/separation in coming week and find a way to share it for
your comments.

> > are there some formalities to be done for making the stuff available?
>
> You will need a copyright assignment for the parts that go into
> CVS. See http://ecos.sourceware.org/ecos/assign.html
I didn't get need for this part. We didn't write the code, just ported it to
eCos. I can assign copyright only for something that is my work. right!

regards
sandeep

---

* Re: [ECOS] racoon working with eCos
@ 2003-09-12 11:10     ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2003-09-12 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sandeep; +Cc: Andrew Lunn, ecos-discuss

> > You will need a copyright assignment for the parts that go into
> > CVS. See http://ecos.sourceware.org/ecos/assign.html
> I didn't get need for this part. We didn't write the code, just ported it to
> eCos. I can assign copyright only for something that is my work. right!

If you just dropped the files in, typed "make" and it all worked, then
fine.

If you had to modify something, write some lines of code, etc, then
those parts need an assignment if they are anything more than trivial.

        Andrew