* RE: [ECOS] second alarm not triggering
       [not found] <NMEDLDELHPEFHOMFIJBHMEPECOAA.rcc@jennic.com>
@ 2003-10-01  8:31 ` Mahesh
From: Mahesh @ 2003-10-01  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Cragie; +Cc: ecos

Hi,
  Sorry for not giving the details.
         I am using eCos for Arm pid target.I am using sid for printf's
.I am working on PC only not on board.In my code i have 5 threads being
created in cyg_user_start function.Alarm's are being used by the threads
for some tasks.I am using real time clock for alarms.tick function is
called after the scheduler is started,but once the first alarm is
triggered,tick function is not called at all.So my second
alarm(different from first one) is not triggering and the program is
getting stuck.
Plz reply for this mail.
Thanks and Regards
Mahesh

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 13:17, Robert Cragie wrote:
> Nothing like enough information. You can't expect any help from what you've
> written. Give detailed examples of failing source code, target system,
> configuration etc. etc.
>
> Robert Cragie, Design Engineer
>
> Direct: +44 (0) 114 281 4512
> Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT,  UK
> http://www.jennic.com  Tel: +44 (0) 114 281 2655   Confidential

Mahesh M Patil
Software Engineer
Cranes Software International Limited
VasanthNagar
Bangalore
Mobile:9845579634
Office:2381741/2/3 Extn:234

@ 2003-10-07  5:06   ` Mahesh
From: Mahesh @ 2003-10-07  5:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos

--
Mahesh M Patil
Software Engineer
Cranes Software International Limited
VasanthNagar
Bangalore
Mobile:9845579634
Office:2381740/1/2 Extn:234
www.cranessoftware.com

@ 2003-10-07  5:12     ` Satish Kumar
From: Satish Kumar @ 2003-10-07  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mahesh; +Cc: ecos-discuss

well, on testing tm_basic program, did u pass the complete test. if yes ,
then ur alarm funcs are fine..it must be somethin to do with ur code,
which u r trying to test. why don`t u paste up ur test code, in the
group.

saty

On 07 Oct 2003 10:09:50 +0530
Mahesh <mahesh@cranessoftware.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>    Sorry for not giving the details.
>           I am using eCos for Arm pid target.I am using sid for printf's
>  .I am working on PC only not on board.In my code i have 5 threads being
>  created in cyg_user_start function.Alarm's are being used by the threads
>  for some tasks.I am using real time clock for alarms.tick function is
>  called after the scheduler is started,but once the first alarm is
>  triggered,tick function is not called at all.So my second
>  alarm(different from first one) is not triggering and the program is
>  getting stuck.
>  Plz reply for this mail.
>  Thanks and Regards
>  Mahesh
>
>  On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 13:17, Robert Cragie wrote:
>  > Nothing like enough information. You can't expect any help from what you've
>  > written. Give detailed examples of failing source code, target system,
>  > configuration etc. etc.
>  >
>  > Robert Cragie, Design Engineer
>  >
>  > Direct: +44 (0) 114 281 4512
>  > _______________________________________________________________
>  > Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT,  UK
>  > http://www.jennic.com  Tel: +44 (0) 114 281 2655   Confidential
>  > _______________________________________________________________
>  >

Satish Kumar <satish@bvt.sc.sanyo.co.jp>

* Re: [ECOS] second alarm not triggering
@ 2003-10-07  5:47       ` Mahesh
       [not found]         ` <1065602343.1050.11.camel@MAHESH>
From: Mahesh @ 2003-10-07  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Satish Kumar; +Cc: ecos

Hi,
   tm_basic program is getting stuck in the middle.It is not running
fully.Does it mean that alarms will not work if this test doesn't pass.
Plz reply.
Thanks and Regards
Mahesh

@ 2003-10-07  5:54         ` Satish Kumar
       [not found]         ` <1065602343.1050.11.camel@MAHESH>
From: Satish Kumar @ 2003-10-07  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mahesh; +Cc: ecos

well, tm_basic program tests all the kernel primitives and therefore it
should pass the test. recently there were some patches posted regarding
the eCos alarm handling func..check the archive..they may give u some
hints.

satish

On 07 Oct 2003 10:42:02 +0530

* [ECOS] Spurious interrupt
       [not found]         ` <1065602343.1050.11.camel@MAHESH>
@ 2003-10-08  9:24           ` Mahesh
From: Mahesh @ 2003-10-08  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos

 Hi,

   I am using eCos for Arm pid target.I am using sid for printf's
 .I am working on PC only not on board.In my code i have 5 threads being
 created in cyg_user_start function.Alarm's are being used by the threads
 for some tasks.I am using real time clock for alarms.tick function is
 called after the scheduler is started,but once the first alarm is
 triggered,tick function is not called at all.So my second
 alarm(different from first one) is not triggering and the program is
 getting stuck.

 The program is going into spurious INTR code.
 What is this spurious interrupt?
 Is this the reason for tick function not to be called and second alarm
 not to be triggerd ?

 Plz reply for this mail.
 Thanks and Regards
 Mahesh

 --
[...]

* Re: [ECOS] Spurious interrupt
@ 2003-10-08 10:18             ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2003-10-08 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mahesh; +Cc: ecos

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 02:09:56PM +0530, Mahesh wrote:
>  Hi,
>

>    I am using eCos for Arm pid target.I am using sid for printf's
>  .I am working on PC only not on board.In my code i have 5 threads being
>  created in cyg_user_start function.Alarm's are being used by the threads
>  for some tasks.I am using real time clock for alarms.tick function is
>  called after the scheduler is started,but once the first alarm is
>  triggered,tick function is not called at all.So my second
>  alarm(different from first one) is not triggering and the program is
>  getting stuck.
>
>  The program is going into spurious INTR code.
>  What is this spurious interrupt?

A spurious interrupt is an interrupt which eCos does not have a
handler for. It does not know what to do with this interrupt. You need
to find out what interrupt vector its on and then find out why sid is
generating this interrupt.

>  Is this the reason for tick function not to be called and second alarm
>  not to be triggerd ?

Could be. You will have to fix the spurious interrupt problem and see.

      Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] Spurious interrupt
@ 2003-10-09  0:42             ` Satish Kumar
From: Satish Kumar @ 2003-10-09  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mahesh; +Cc: ecos

well, it seems that u have not defined the RTC interrupt vector in ur
hal_platform_ints.h file..
firstly check if u r RTC interrupts are gettin invoked..? if yes the
corresponding ISR routined should be called..put a breakpoint in ur
ISR routine and debug ur code.
this will help u to diagnose ur code..

satish

On 08 Oct 2003 14:09:56 +0530

@ 2003-10-08 12:01     ` Nick Garnett
From: Nick Garnett @ 2003-10-08 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mahesh; +Cc: ecos

Mahesh <mahesh@cranessoftware.com> writes:

>      Hi Robert,
>                Thanks once again for ur reply.
>                second alarm is added to the counter.I have debugged till
>  here.But the tick function is not called at all.I have put breakpoints
>  at ISR and also at DSR. Once the first alarm is triggered,control is not
>  at all going to ISR or DSR and hence not to tick function.
>  How can i debug it step by step.
>  Thanks and Regards
>  Mahesh

Are you waiting long enough for the next interrupt? Running with SID
will be several orders of magnitude slower than the real hardware. It
may take a long time for 10ms to pass in simulated time, depending on
the speed of your host.

Alternatively, there may be some differences between what the eCos
HAL expects of the hardware and what SID actually implements.

* [ECOS] second alarm not triggering
@ 2003-10-01  5:33 Mahesh