* [ECOS] Problems compiling redboot_RAM for Cogent CSB281
@ 2003-10-13 11:57 Niklaus Giger
From: Niklaus Giger @ 2003-10-13 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

A couple of weeks ago wereceived our first PPC045GPr based boards I wanted to
make my first experiences with ecos on it.

Without much problem I copied the moab board and started my port and managed
to build a minimal redboot_flash. Incredible but true, my first shot at the
hardware (using a BDI from Abatron) resulted in readable output on the serial
console. This was the first time in twenty years that a first shoot produced
such good results!

As we have Intel Strata flashs 28F640JS on them I tried to add support for the
STRATA, but I did not succeed, as I always got linke errors like this
data.k6/ecos/packages/hal/powerpc/arch/current/src/redboot_linux_exec.c:116:
undefined reference to `flash_read'
/data.k6/ecos/builds/csb281_install/lib/extras.o: In function `do_exec':
/data.k6/ecos/builds/csb281_install/include/cyg/hal/hal_if.h:564: undefined
reference to `flash_read'
/data.k6/ecos/builds/csb281_install/lib/extras.o: In function `do_exec':

Then I did a clean build based on the CSB281 template and importing
redboot_RAM.ecm from its misc directory and got the same error.

As I spent several hours trying to fix this problem I would greatly appreciate
a hint for newbie.

Best regards in advance

--
Niklaus Giger
Wieshoschet 6

* Re: [ECOS] Problems compiling redboot_RAM for Cogent CSB281
@ 2003-10-13 12:03 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2003-10-13 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 05:57, Niklaus Giger wrote:
> A couple of weeks ago wereceived our first PPC045GPr based boards I wanted to
> make my first experiences with ecos on it.
>
> Without much problem I copied the moab board and started my port and managed
> to build a minimal redboot_flash. Incredible but true, my first shot at the
> hardware (using a BDI from Abatron) resulted in readable output on the serial
> console. This was the first time in twenty years that a first shoot produced
> such good results!
>
> As we have Intel Strata flashs 28F640JS on them I tried to add support for the
> STRATA, but I did not succeed, as I always got linke errors like this
> data.k6/ecos/packages/hal/powerpc/arch/current/src/redboot_linux_exec.c:116:
> undefined reference to `flash_read'
> /data.k6/ecos/builds/csb281_install/lib/extras.o: In function `do_exec':
> /data.k6/ecos/builds/csb281_install/include/cyg/hal/hal_if.h:564: undefined
> reference to `flash_read'
> /data.k6/ecos/builds/csb281_install/lib/extras.o: In function `do_exec':
>
> Then I did a clean build based on the CSB281 template and importing
> redboot_RAM.ecm from its misc directory and got the same error.
>
> As I spent several hours trying to fix this problem I would greatly appreciate
> a hint for newbie.

Update your sources - I fixed this on Sept 26.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates

* Re: [ECOS] Problems compiling redboot_RAM for Cogent CSB281
@ 2003-10-13 12:31   ` Niklaus Giger
From: Niklaus Giger @ 2003-10-13 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Montag, 13. Oktober 2003 14.03, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 05:57, Niklaus Giger wrote:
> > A couple of weeks ago wereceived our first PPC045GPr based boards I
> > wanted to make my first experiences with ecos on it.
> Update your sources - I fixed this on Sept 26.

Thanks a lot. It works now!

--
Niklaus Giger
Wieshoschet 6