* [ECOS] PPP on eCos(eb40a)
@ 2003-10-16  4:32 Transferencia de Archivos
From: Transferencia de Archivos @ 2003-10-16  4:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hey, Today I have just downloaded the PPPStack.zip(I dont remeber well the
name) and tried to compile  it into a new kernel using:

$ecosconfig new eb40a net
$ecosconfig add ppp0 (no conflicts here)
$ecosconfig tree
$make

Just in the chap compiling some parse errors apeared, it's from my target?
or maybe some really parse errors?, maybe I have done something wrong? Or
maybe missed something? Im pretty interested on PPP over eCos.

If you want the output I will post it.

* [ECOS] PPP on eCos(eb40a), continued...
@ 2003-10-16  4:48 ` Transferencia de Archivos
From: Transferencia de Archivos @ 2003-10-16  4:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Again I used this lines to compile the kernel with "NET" support
> $ecosconfig new eb40a net
> $ecosconfig tree
> $make

No errors during compiling, still, compiling the examples, the same error
appeared on all,

../arm-elf/bin/ld: address 0x85df8 of hello section .bss is not within
region ram

Well, I dont know why this happened, but I suppose that the eb40a has not
enough memory to suppor the stack, I have gotten this error before and was
when I overpassed the ram limit of the board, therefore, why the error
appears in a code like  a simple hello-world?

Or that template NET is not intended to run for the eb40a?

Thanx you all.

Xcuze me If the questions has "obvious" answers. I'm still learning the eCos
thing.