* Re: [ECOS] MPC860 Quick question
@ 2003-10-28 15:02 Radu Cernea
From: Radu Cernea @ 2003-10-28 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

>> The difference is in the pin allocation for SMC2:
>>
>> - Port B21 & B20 for MPC860
>> - Port A9 & A8 for MPC850
>>
>> The current version of quicc_smc1.c initialize the port pins MPC850-like
>> (function cyg_hal_smcx_init_channel).
>>
>> My question is:
>> How is it better to add the MPC860 initialization version to the eCos sources?
>> Should I create a new file, use a conditional pre-compilation flag, or…?
>
> What version of quicc_smc1.c are you looking at? There is supposed to be
complete
> support already in place for SMC1/SMC2 and SCC1/SCC2/SCC4.  If this is not the
> case, we need to fix it *there*, not add new code somewhere else.
Unfortunately I do not have CVS access (the IT department rules…), so I
download snapshots from ecoscentric. In the last one (031026), I’m looking at
the file:
/ecos/packages/hal/powerpc/quicc/current/src/quicc_smc1.c

There is support for SMC2, but the initialization is not the proper one for
MPC860. Instead of:
168:    eppc->pio_papar |= 0xc0;
169:    eppc->pio_padir &= ~0xc0;
170:    eppc->pio_paodr &= ~0xc0;

It should be something like:
    eppc->pip_pbpar |=   0x00000C00;
    eppc->pip_pbdir &= ~0x00000C00;
    eppc->pip_pbodr &= ~0x00000C00;

See, for the reference, the table 34-6 in MPC860UM.pdf

Regards,
Radu

* Re: [ECOS] MPC860 Quick question
@ 2003-10-28  7:53 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2003-10-28  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Radu Cernea; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Radu Cernea said:
> Hello,
>
> It looks to me that the quicc_smc1.c file fits the MPC850 processor, but not
> the MPC860 for the SMC2 initialization. The difference is in the pin
> allocation for SMC2:
>
> - Port B21 & B20 for MPC860
> - Port A9 & A8 for MPC850
>
> The current version of quicc_smc1.c initialize the port pins MPC850-like
> (function cyg_hal_smcx_init_channel).
>
> My question is:
> How is it better to add the MPC860 initialization version to the eCos sources?
> Should I create a new file, use a conditional pre-compilation flag, orÂ…?

What version of quicc_smc1.c are you looking at?  There is supposed to be complete
support already in place for SMC1/SMC2 and SCC1/SCC2/SCC4.  If this is not the
case, we need to fix it *there*, not add new code somewhere else.

> Also, there is a reference to a table (Table 16-39) in the quicc_smc1.c file,
> but I do not know where to find it. In MPC850UM.pdf and MPC860UM.pdf, the Port
> A and B configuration tables are: 34-1 and 34-6.

Those references are (sadly) from very old printed documents.  You'll have to
figure out what they correspond to in the newer PDF files.

> Thank you in advance,
> Radu Cernea
>

> --

* [ECOS] MPC860 Quick question