* [ECOS] Script to issue redboot commands to target
@ 2005-04-20  5:45 Vanitha Ramaswami
From: Vanitha Ramaswami @ 2005-04-20  5:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org'

Hi All,

I am using redboot on my IXP425 custom platform. I am using the redboot
commands "fis create, write etc" to load my Linux kernel to the Flash. Is
there a way to issue these commands from a script file so that it will be
automated.I can send those commands from a text file thro' the
hyperterminal but how do i  find out whether the flash write has succeeded
or not.??

Thanks
Vanitha

[This e-mail is confidential and may be priviledged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please kindly notify us immediately and delete the message
from your system; please do not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose
its contents to any other person. Thank you.]
---ST Electronics Group---

* Re: [ECOS] Script to issue redboot commands to target
@ 2005-04-20  6:01 ` Manfred Gruber
From: Manfred Gruber @ 2005-04-20  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vanitha; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hi !

I had the same problem ago, use expect script under linux. works fine!

regards manfred

Subject: Re: [ECOS] redboot automatic config and installation
Date: Freitag, 8. April 2005 13:29
From: eibach@gdsys.de
To: gruber.m@utanet.at
Cc: ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org

Hello,

> i have a question about how to automate redboot.

I think http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2004-11/msg00262.html should be
 helpful.

Regards,
Dirk