* RE: [ECOS] application update in fis
@ 2005-04-26 14:26 bob.koninckx
From: bob.koninckx @ 2005-04-26 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rickdavisjr
  Cc: 'Gary Thomas', 'Rini van Zetten',
	'eCos Discussion'

The cleanest approach (IMHO) is to use jffs2 and store your
images (possibly zipped to conserve memory) in the flash
filesystem.
Redboot can mount the flash filesystem and load the image.
The application can afterwards also mount the filesystem and
overwrite the image.

Bob

* RE: [ECOS] application update in fis
@ 2005-04-26 14:18   ` Rick Davis
From: Rick Davis @ 2005-04-26 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Gary Thomas', 'Rini van Zetten'
  Cc: 'eCos Discussion'

What I do is place the new application on a PC that has a TFTP server
running. The application then does a "GET" to retrieve the application in to
a RAM buffer. I then unlock the area of the FLASH where the application
resides, erase the area, write the new code, and the lock the are.
Lock/Unlock is not supported by all configurations so you may not need to do
the Lock/Unlock. After that is done, you could automatically reboot, or let
the user do it.

	Rick

From: Gary Thomas @ 2005-04-25 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rini van Zetten; +Cc: eCos Discussion