* [ECOS] Anybody ported Redboot/eCos to Atmel AT91SAM7 chips ?
@ 2005-04-25 21:04 Matt Kober
From: Matt Kober @ 2005-04-25 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all,
I got my hands on an AT91SAM7S IAR development kit and was wondering
if anybody got Redboot / ecos up and running on that target platform.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot,
Matt

* Re: [ECOS] Anybody ported Redboot/eCos to Atmel AT91SAM7 chips ?
@ 2005-04-25 21:06 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2005-04-25 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Kober; +Cc: eCos Disuss

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 09:45:18PM +0200, Matt Kober wrote:
> Hi all,
> I got my hands on an AT91SAM7S IAR development kit and was wondering
> if anybody got Redboot / ecos up and running on that target platform.
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

I nearly got to do a port for my company, but they then decide to use
a different RTOS :-(

I did take a look. My first impressions was it should not be too
hard. The serial ports, SPI, timers and power management units all
look compatible with the existing AT91 drivers. The watchdog unit
looks different, but its not a particularly complex bit of hardware.

This hardware i ment to be used with the code running from flash. The
flash has zero wait states. This will however make debugging with
normal gdb a little difficult since you cannot insert software break
points. I did not have chance to see how well the hardware debug macro
was intergrated into gdb. I think this would be the key thing to
check.

        Andrew

* [ECOS] How to test ethernet driver ..
@ 2005-04-27  5:29 ` Raja Mallik
From: Raja Mallik @ 2005-04-27  5:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nocoffee4u; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hi all,

we are trying to generate an networking tcp stack support for ARM board
, which is successfully built in ecos-2.0 distribution.

Now, the ethernet driver for the board is developed at
"devs/eth/arm/MYboard/v2_0/"

I have ported all my board specific details and *.c and *.h files . The
compilation with "net" instead of "default"
 options in BUILD->Template

is sucessfull..

Any sugesstion as to how to test the code..
I need some references of small test program like ping...

thanks
Raja..

* Re: [ECOS] How to test ethernet driver ..
@ 2005-04-27  5:31   ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2005-04-27  5:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raja Mallik; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 10:32:47AM +0530, Raja Mallik wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we are trying to generate an networking tcp stack support for ARM board
> , which is successfully built in ecos-2.0 distribution.
>
> Now, the ethernet driver for the board is developed at
> "devs/eth/arm/MYboard/v2_0/"
>
> I have ported all my board specific details and *.c and *.h files . The
> compilation with "net" instead of "default"
>  options in BUILD->Template
>
> is sucessfull..
>
> Any sugesstion as to how to test the code..
> I need some references of small test program like ping...

What's wrong with the networks tests in packages/net/common/current/tests?

        Andrew