* [ECOS] porting Web server in Ecos
@ 2005-04-27 10:23 Aniket S Joshi
From: Aniket S Joshi @ 2005-04-27 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Dear All,

I am tring to add Goahead Web server Functionality in my Ecos Application.
I am using Sh7729R Hitachi Processor eval board.
Has anyboady added Goahead Web server Functionality in Ecos successfully?
Till this point i am able to download Web Server (Goahead) library with My application on target.. but when i give the command http://<MY Board IP Address> in Internet explorer nothing is happening.

can anybody tell me what could be the problem? OR which area i have to look for?

Thanks in advance

Aniket

Thanks and regards,
Aniket Joshi

Senior Software Engineer
Larsen & Toubro Ltd,
Embedded System & Software (EmSys),
KIADB Industrial Estate Hebbal
Hootagalli, Mysore,
State: Karnataka,
India
PIN: 570018

Ph:+91-821-2402561 Ext:2765/2773
FAX: +91-821-2403752
http://www.lntemsys.com

* [ECOS] Re: porting Web server in Ecos
@ 2005-04-27 16:11 ` Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2005-04-27 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

In gmane.os.ecos.general, you wrote:

> Has anyboady added Goahead Web server Functionality in Ecos
> successfully?

Yes.  The demo worked fine for me, and we've since shipped a
lot of units of several different product models that have the
GoAhead web server in them.

> Till this point i am able to download Web Server (Goahead)
> library with My application on target.. but when i give the
> command http://<MY Board IP Address> in Internet explorer
> nothing is happening.
>
> can anybody tell me what could be the problem? OR which area i
> have to look for?

Have you tried enabling the diagnostic messages in the web
server?

Have you tried telnetting to the port to see if the server is
listing?

Have you tried using tcpdump or Ethereal to watch the network
traffic.

Have you done any debugging at all?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Okay... I'm going
                                  at               home to write the "I HATE

* [ECOS] Re: porting Web server in Ecos
@ 2005-05-02 14:31 ` Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2005-05-02 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

>>Yes.  The demo worked fine for me, and we've since shipped a
>>lot of units of several different product models that have the
>>GoAhead web server in them.

> I am using ecos 2.0 + Hitachi 7729 Processor combination to
> port Goahead web server. Can you pls tell me about your system
> combination on which Goahed web server is running ?

Various versions of eCos (including 2.0) running on a
half-dozen slightly different ARM7 platforms.

>>>Have you tried enabling the diagnostic messages in the web
>>>server?
>
> No, How to enable this Diagnostic option for web server? Do i
> need to set some #DEFINE for this? Currently I am using
> Diagnostic options on ecos configuration tool.

Somewhere you have a defaultTraceHandler() function.  That
function is called by the webserver to log various events.
Change it so it does something useful.  By default, the eCos
demo port has an empty function:

    void defaultTraceHandler(int level, char_t *buf)
    {
    /*
     *      The following code would write all trace regardless of level
     *      to stdout.
     */
    #if 0
      if (buf) {
        write(1, buf, gstrlen(buf));
      }
    #endif
    }

Try changing that to something like this:

    void defaultTraceHandler(int level, char_t *buf)
    {
      diag_printf("%d: %s\n", level, buf);
    }

>>> Have you tried telnetting to the port to see if the server is
>>> listing?

> Yes... But no response from the board

The diagnostic output from the trace handler should tell you
what's going on.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Hello. Just walk
                                  at               along and try NOT to think

* [ECOS] Re: porting Web server in Ecos
@ 2005-05-02 10:30 Aniket S Joshi
From: Aniket S Joshi @ 2005-05-02 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss, grante

Hi Grant,

Thanks for your quick reply.
pls find reply below...

>Yes.  The demo worked fine for me, and we've since shipped a
>lot of units of several different product models that have the
>GoAhead web server in them.
I am using ecos 2.0 + Hitachi 7729 Processor combination to port Goahead web server.
Can you pls tell me about your system combination on which Goahed web server is running ?

>>Have you tried enabling the diagnostic messages in the web
>>server?
No, How to enable this Diagnostic option for web server? Do i need to set some #DEFINE for this?
Currently I am using Diagnostic options on ecos configuration tool.

>> Have you tried telnetting to the port to see if the server is
>> listing?
Yes... But no response from the board
But Ping is working fine.
>>Have you tried using tcpdump or Ethereal to watch the network
>>traffic.
Yes, I am using similer software , where i am getting response from board like page can not be displayed....etc

>>Have you done any debugging at all?
yes ....

Waiting for your reply
Thanks again for your valuable support