* [ECOS] Modify memory layout
@ 2005-05-11  7:39 Wilson Tsao
From: Wilson Tsao @ 2005-05-11  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

According to the user guide, I should modify linker script fragment(.ldi
file) under the install tree in order
to modify memory layout. But after I clean the build and rebuild again. The
memory layout isn't changed.
I have to modify the .mlt file in the repository to see the update.

What is the correct way to modify the memory layout? Which files should I
modify?

Thanks a lot,

Wilson

* Re: [ECOS] Modify memory layout
@ 2005-05-12  5:08 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2005-05-12  5:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wilson Tsao; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 01:15:16PM -0700, Wilson Tsao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> According to the user guide, I should modify linker script fragment(.ldi
> file) under the install tree in order
> to modify memory layout. But after I clean the build and rebuild again. The
> memory layout isn't changed.

Its best to modify the .ldi and .h file in the repository. Also the
dependancy information may not always be correct on these files so its
a good idea to delete the install/lib directory after doing a make
clean so forcing the rebuilding of the target.ld file.

        Andrew