* [ECOS] redboot autodetect flash device ?
@ 2005-06-24 13:59 Manfred Gruber
From: Manfred Gruber @ 2005-06-24 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

hi !

I use redboot v2.0, is there any newer code for detecting the flash device?

I want to detect several AMD flash chips. It is enough for me if only the size
will be detected, because i want to use same types, with different size.
The flash chips will also be placed in the same way on my hardware.

Maybe there is some code or information for me in newer cvs? versions ?

thanks regards manfred

* Re: [ECOS] redboot autodetect flash device ?
@ 2005-06-24 14:27 ` Bart Veer
From: Bart Veer @ 2005-06-24 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gruber.m; +Cc: ecos-discuss

    Manfred> I use redboot v2.0, is there any newer code for detecting
    Manfred> the flash device?

    Manfred> I want to detect several AMD flash chips. It is enough
    Manfred> for me if only the size will be detected, because i want
    Manfred> to use same types, with different size. The flash chips
    Manfred> will also be placed in the same way on my hardware.

    Manfred> Maybe there is some code or information for me in newer
    Manfred> cvs? versions ?

Not in the trunk, but in the flash_v2 branch there is a new AMD driver
which supports CFI. Hence it can adapt at run-time to any
AMD-compatible flash device.

Bart

--
Bart Veer                       eCos Configuration Architect

* Re: [ECOS] redboot autodetect flash device ?
@ 2005-06-24 14:40   ` Manfred Gruber
From: Manfred Gruber @ 2005-06-24 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Am Freitag, 24. Juni 2005 16:26 schrieb Bart Veer:

>     Manfred> I use redboot v2.0, is there any newer code for detecting
>     Manfred> the flash device?
>
>     Manfred> I want to detect several AMD flash chips. It is enough
>     Manfred> for me if only the size will be detected, because i want
>     Manfred> to use same types, with different size. The flash chips
>     Manfred> will also be placed in the same way on my hardware.
>
>     Manfred> Maybe there is some code or information for me in newer
>     Manfred> cvs? versions ?
>
> Not in the trunk, but in the flash_v2 branch there is a new AMD driver
> which supports CFI. Hence it can adapt at run-time to any
> AMD-compatible flash device.
>
> Bart

hi !

ok thanks, i will try to switch to cvs version.
eric: thanks also for the point about u-boot.
i will look what is easer for me to switch :-)

what is then the best and correct way to give the start-addresse and size to
the linux kernel, to start up physmap_configure() ? a command line, ATAG? or
what, i don't know?
now i have enabled redboot partition parsing which works wonderfull... i have
6 partions on my flash which i don't want to do over commandline, so redboot
partition parsing would be fine :-)

thanks regards  manfred