* [ECOS] My serial driver unable to read beyond 1200 bytes.
@ 2005-06-29  1:59 Ganapat Rao P Kulkarni
From: Ganapat Rao P Kulkarni @ 2005-06-29  1:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all,
I am working on developing eCos based bootloader for s3c2410 (arm920
core) based board, and have customized a serial driver (RS232) to
receive/transmit from/to the PC. I have configured UART1(FIFO mode)
for my driver. I have set a default buffer value to 8192. (this I have
done by editing the corresponding cdl file). Also the read mode is set
to non blocking read.

Now when I tried to read using cyg_io_read, it reads only 1000 and odd
bytes even though I am requesting to read around 2000 bytes. However
from PC side I am transmitting 2000 bytes.

Could anybody suggest what may be going wrong.
Do I need to initialize something more ??

Thanks in Advance
Ganapat

* Re: [ECOS] My serial driver unable to read beyond 1200 bytes.
@ 2005-06-29 10:01 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2005-06-29 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ganapat Rao P Kulkarni; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 07:29:34AM +0530, Ganapat Rao P Kulkarni wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am working on developing eCos based bootloader for s3c2410 (arm920
> core) based board, and have customized a serial driver (RS232) to
> receive/transmit from/to the PC. I have configured UART1(FIFO mode)
> for my driver. I have set a default buffer value to 8192. (this I have
> done by editing the corresponding cdl file). Also the read mode is set
> to non blocking read.
>
> Now when I tried to read using cyg_io_read, it reads only 1000 and odd
> bytes even though I am requesting to read around 2000 bytes. However
> from PC side I am transmitting 2000 bytes.

If you make another read do you get the rest of the data?

        Andrew