* [ECOS] Uart Controller on  PCI
@ 2005-07-01  7:21 Dhanashekar
From: Dhanashekar @ 2005-07-01  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

hi
    I have my Uart controller on PCI bus interface and i need to develop
a tty interface uart driver can any body suggest
key hooks at tty layer to my serial driver (generic hooks) like set/get
configs enable/disable tx and rx interrupts etc..

thanks in advance

--

Shekar

"When you are in any contest you should work as if there were
- to the very last minute - a chance to lose it."

* Re: [ECOS] Uart Controller on  PCI
@ 2005-07-01  7:49 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2005-07-01  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dhanashekar; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 12:51:34PM +0530, Dhanashekar wrote:
> hi
>    I have my Uart controller on PCI bus interface and i need to develop
> a tty interface uart driver can any body suggest
> key hooks at tty layer to my serial driver (generic hooks) like set/get
> configs enable/disable tx and rx interrupts etc..

Take a look at the other serial device drivers in
packages/devs/serial.

If device is a 16x5x you can probably make use of the existing generic
driver along with a hardware specific package you need to write to
make it work for your specific hardware.  There are plenty of examples
of using the 16x5x.

        Andrew