* [ECOS] configtool error
@ 2005-07-18  8:41 vikramb
From: vikramb @ 2005-07-18  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

hi all,
       I downloaded configtool-2.11-i386.tar.bz2 for linux and when i try
to do
./configtool

 I got following error

Incorrectly built binary which accesses errno or h_errno directly. Needs
to be fixed.
./configtool: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libtcl.so:
invalid ELF header

I am trying it for i386 and i have Mandrake 10.0 with linux kernel 2.6....
I have ecos-2.0 source and RPMS for i386-elf

As i am new to ecos , waiting eagerly for help !!

Thanks in advance

vikram

Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Aftek Limited is
whatsoever is strictly prohibited.

* Re: [ECOS] configtool error
@ 2005-07-19 10:16 ` Bart Veer
From: Bart Veer @ 2005-07-19 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vikramb; +Cc: ecos-discuss

    vikram> hi all,
    vikram>        I downloaded configtool-2.11-i386.tar.bz2 for linux
    vikram> and when i try to do ./configtool

    vikram>  I got following error

    vikram> Incorrectly built binary which accesses errno or h_errno
    vikram> directly. Needs to be fixed.
    vikram> ./configtool: error while loading shared libraries:
    vikram> /usr/lib/libtcl.so: invalid ELF header

    vikram> I am trying it for i386 and i have Mandrake 10.0 with
    vikram> linux kernel 2.6.... I have ecos-2.0 source and RPMS for
    vikram> i386-elf

I suspect the errno issue is just a warning and can be ignored. The
configtool and underlying libcdl do use errno but this is harmless in
a single-threaded application, so I consider it inappropriate for the
loader to complain about it.

The libtcl.so problem is the real issue. This file should come from
the Tcl package of your Linux distribution. It looks like the package
has either not been installed correctly, or it has been corrupted
somehow, or Mandrake is shipping with a broken version of Tcl. You
will need to fix your Linux installation. I do not run Mandrake on any
of my machines so cannot test this further.

Bart

--
Bart Veer                       eCos Configuration Architect

* Re: [ECOS] configtool error
@ 2005-07-19  4:50 ` VikramB
From: VikramB @ 2005-07-19  4:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ZDC 0616 tianjun, ecos-discuss

thaks for repl. As i am new to ecos
graphic appl is more easy for me...
i tried to run configtool in X-window only..
still that error came ...
Is it the right mailing list to discuss this ?

> /configtool .you have start a graphic application
> you can use ./ecosconfig to use a command-line tool
> or start configtool in X-window
>
>>hi all,
>>       I downloaded configtool-2.11-i386.tar.bz2 for linux and when i try
>>to do
>>./configtool
>>
>> I got following error
>>
>>Incorrectly built binary which accesses errno or h_errno directly. Needs
>>to be fixed.
>>./configtool: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libtcl.so:
>>invalid ELF header
>>
>>I am trying it for i386 and i have Mandrake 10.0 with linux kernel 2.6....
>>I have ecos-2.0 source and RPMS for i386-elf
>>
>>As i am new to ecos , waiting eagerly for help !!
>>
>>Thanks in advance
>>
>>vikram
>>

>>**************************Disclaimer************************************
>>Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Aftek Limited is
>>'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the
>>individual
>>or entity to which it is addressed. You are notified that any use, copying
>>or dissemination of the information contained in the E-MAIL in any manner
>>whatsoever is strictly prohibited.
>>

> --

* Re: [ECOS] configtool error
@ 2005-07-18  8:52 ZDC 0616 tianjun