* [ECOS] FILE I/O for eCos PowerPC Simulator
@ 2006-05-16 20:30 Luis Friedrich
From: Luis Friedrich @ 2006-05-16 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi

We are trying to run some benchmarks (MediaBench, MiBench) on the eCos
PowerPC simulator with  no success. Our first attempt was to run the
hello world program that worked fine. So apparently there is no problem
with I/O functions. But, the benchmarks we are trying to run use File
I/O functions like fopen, putc, fprintf. We have build a eCos tree with
all POSIX functions and have compiled the benchmark using the PowerPC
compiler for eCos wich is available at eCos.org. When running the
program it stops at the File I/O functions.  Is there a problem using
File I/O functions at all or just when using simulators  or else are we
doing something wrong?

Luis Fernando Friedrich
Federal University of Santa Catarina
Computer Science Department
Brazil
fernando@inf.ufsc.br

* Re: [ECOS] FILE I/O for eCos PowerPC Simulator
@ 2006-05-16 22:04 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2006-05-16 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis Friedrich; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 05:30:39PM -0300, Luis Friedrich wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are trying to run some benchmarks (MediaBench, MiBench) on the eCos
> PowerPC simulator with  no success. Our first attempt was to run the
> hello world program that worked fine. So apparently there is no problem
> with I/O functions. But, the benchmarks we are trying to run use File
> I/O functions like fopen, putc, fprintf. We have build a eCos tree with
> all POSIX functions and have compiled the benchmark using the PowerPC
> compiler for eCos wich is available at eCos.org. When running the
> program it stops at the File I/O functions.  Is there a problem using
> File I/O functions at all or just when using simulators  or else are we
> doing something wrong?
>
> Luis Fernando Friedrich
> Federal University of Santa Catarina
> Computer Science Department
> Brazil
> fernando@inf.ufsc.br

O.K. You are from a University. So you should be used to thinking
problems through.

So lets turn the problem around. How do you think it should work? You
tell me.

     Andrew