* RE: [ECOS] Error when changing 'fconfig' redboot values from a linux  program
@ 2006-05-17 14:51 Calin Onofrei
From: Calin Onofrei @ 2006-05-17 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: thierry langlais; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Thierry,

In my case RedBoot config is on mtd5 partition (do cat /proc/mtd to see) and I open the device:
Open("/dev/mtd5", O_RDWR | O_SYNC). With the handle returned by the open function I do read and write operations as for any other device.

Calin Onofrei.

From: Andrew Lunn @ 2006-05-17 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Calin Onofrei; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 10:51:23AM -0400, Calin Onofrei wrote:
> Thierry,
>
> In my case RedBoot config is on mtd5 partition (do cat /proc/mtd to see) and I open the device:
> Open("/dev/mtd5", O_RDWR | O_SYNC). With the handle returned by the open function I do read and write operations as for any other device.

But is /dev/mtd5 like any other device? Or do you need to erase it
using an ioctl call?

I don't know, but maybe you need to find out.

  Andrew

* RE: [ECOS] Error when changing 'fconfig' redboot values from a linux  program
@ 2006-05-17 19:50 Calin Onofrei
From: Calin Onofrei @ 2006-05-17 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Now is working, I can read/write Redboot configuration from a linux
program. Before writing I use the ioctl MEMERASE and erase the whole
RedBoot config block.
Thanks Andrew for your suggestion.

Calin Onofrei.

@ 2006-05-17 15:12 Calin Onofrei
From: Calin Onofrei @ 2006-05-17 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Andrew,

I read/write 4096 bytes. I tried to replace the erase by writing 4096
bytes of 0x00, but is not working. I'll try to use ioctl's MEMERASE
option.

Calin Onofrei.

@ 2006-05-17 14:12 ` thierry langlais
From: thierry langlais @ 2006-05-17 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)