* [ECOS] ARM Evaluator 7T
@ 2007-04-09 13:29 Thanasis Papadimitriou
From: Thanasis Papadimitriou @ 2007-04-09 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello everybody,

I am trying to build a Red Boot for ARM Evaluator 7T using eCos
Configuration Tool through Windows XP over Cygwin. The version of eCos
that I am using is 2.0 and I have downloaded every toolchain through
Internet via Cygwin.
My problem is that when I build the Red Boot image (I imported
redboot_ROM.ecm from
\cygwin\opt\ecos\ecos-2.0\packages\hal\arm\e7t\v2_0\misc) I get the
following message:

arm-elf-gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/ecos-c/cygwin/opt/ecos/Users/ThPapadim/ArmEval/ArmEval_build/hal/arm/e7t/v2_0'
make[1]: *** [/ecos-c/cygwin/opt/ecos/Users/ThPapadim/ArmEval/ArmEval_install/bin/redboot.bin]
Error 1
make: Leaving directory
`/ecos-c/cygwin/opt/ecos/Users/ThPapadim/ArmEval/ArmEval_build'
make: *** [build] Error 2

I would appreciate any help. I have imported red boot in the Evaluator
7T using the ready images provided in eCos Web Site, but I would like
to create by myself.
Furthermore, because I want to port eCos in Evaluator 7T I would
appreciate any help and instructions on how to do that.

Thanks you for your time spent on reading my e-mail.

--
Thanasis Papadimitriou

* Re: [ECOS] ARM Evaluator 7T
@ 2007-04-09 13:32 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2007-04-09 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thanasis Papadimitriou; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 04:29:24PM +0300, Thanasis Papadimitriou wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I am trying to build a Red Boot for ARM Evaluator 7T using eCos
> Configuration Tool through Windows XP over Cygwin. The version of eCos
> that I am using is 2.0 and I have downloaded every toolchain through

First i suggest you update to the lastest eCos sources. Look at the
website for anonymous CVS.

        Andrew