* [ECOS] About posix compatibility with some macro on time.h
@ 2007-04-25  8:58 Picque Sébastien
From: Picque Sébastien @ 2007-04-25  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all,

I am surprised to see that the header file from posix compatibilty are not matching with the file coming from Linux standart.
For example some definitions are missing ( ITIMER_REAL.)
Is it a normal behaviour ?
Thank you for your help and support

Regards,

Sebastien Picque

* Re: [ECOS] About posix compatibility with some macro on time.h
@ 2007-04-25  9:49 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2007-04-25  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Picque S?bastien; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 10:58:10AM +0200, Picque S?bastien wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am surprised to see that the header file from posix compatibilty
> are not matching with the file coming from Linux standart.

Linux is not the standard. Linux somewhat implements the standard.

You can read about the POSIX standard at

http://www.opengroup.org

> For example some definitions are missing ( ITIMER_REAL.)

The relevant page is:

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/sys/time.h.html

This is part of XSI, ie an extension, not part of the base POSIX
specification. Implementation of this is optional and eCos does not
currently implement this option.

POSIX timers eg timer_create, timer_settimer, etc are implemented.
This might support the functionality your need. If not, you could
implement itimers if you wanted. eCos is open source after all.

    Andrew