* [ECOS]  diag_printf refuses to print ANSI escape sequences?
@ 2007-05-26 16:38 Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2007-05-26 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

In the "not a big deal" department...

I'm trying to send ANSI escape sequences using diag_printf, and
diag_printf refuses.  If I put the escape character in the
format string it says

 <Bad format string: 8055F18 : 0 0 2 807F0D8 DDD9BFFD FB93FFDC 8055758 FB93FFDC>

If there's an escape character in a string that is to be
printed using the "%s" format, it says:

 <Not a string: 0x8055F20>

I understand that it's useful to attempt to avoid printing
random binary garbage, but I would think that ASCII ESC might
be allowed in strings.

I've found that insterting the escape characters using %c
works, but that's a bit awkward.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  My LESLIE GORE record
                                  at               is BROKEN...

* [ECOS] Re: diag_printf refuses to print ANSI escape sequences?
@ 2007-05-29  7:45 David Fernandez
From: David Fernandez @ 2007-05-29  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss; +Cc: grante, Sergei Gavrikov

I think it should be OK to add CDL options to include more non-printable chars in the allowed ones for diag_printf for those that feel OK with them. I just patched it when I needed some formatted output for VT100 terminals, even added some delay function of the character to make the real thing work with RedBoot.

I just didn’t send a patch fearful of Gary Thomas unleashing the dogs on me for daring to relax the fail safe measures of diag_printf ☺

I could look for some of that stuff and send you a patch if you like.

David Fernandez

---V---V---V---DISREGARD-THE-DISCLAIMER-BELOW---V---V---V (sorry for that)

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.