* [ECOS] hal_platform_setup.h usage
@ 2007-06-28 15:50 Alexandre
From: Alexandre @ 2007-06-28 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hey everyone,

I'd like to use the macros included in the hal_platform_setup.h file.
How can I do that ?

* Re: [ECOS] hal_platform_setup.h usage
@ 2007-06-28 16:03 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2007-06-28 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 05:28:56PM +0200, Alexandre wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I'd like to use the macros included in the hal_platform_setup.h file.
> How can I do that ?

They are not designed to be used from application code.

Which macros are you interested in? What are you trying to do?

      Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] hal_platform_setup.h usage
@ 2007-06-28 16:12   ` Alexandre
From: Alexandre @ 2007-06-28 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre, ecos-discuss

I'm trying to initialize my eval board and use the leds on it.
I saw the macro
.macro _led x
on that file and thought i could use it -.-

* Re: [ECOS] hal_platform_setup.h usage
@ 2007-06-28 16:13     ` Slide
From: Slide @ 2007-06-28 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

On 6/28/07, Alexandre <thekyz@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to initialize my eval board and use the leds on it.
> I saw the macro
> .macro _led x
> on that file and thought i could use it -.-

Is writing to the LEDs that complex that you can't just rewrite the
code somewhere else? I would think that toggling some LEDs would be
simple, and providing a function in C even easier than the assembly.

* Re: [ECOS] hal_platform_setup.h usage
@ 2007-06-28 16:15     ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2007-06-28 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 05:34:44PM +0200, Alexandre wrote:
> I'm trying to initialize my eval board and use the leds on it.
> I saw the macro
> .macro _led x
> on that file and thought i could use it -.-

You can use that macro within the setup code, ie inside
hal_platform_setup. For application code there is often a
function, eg the AT91 boards have hal_at91_led().

          Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] hal_platform_setup.h usage
@ 2007-06-28 17:21       ` Alexandre
From: Alexandre @ 2007-06-28 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Slide; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Slide wrote:
>Is writing to the LEDs that complex that you can't just rewrite the
>code somewhere else? I would think that toggling some LEDs would be
>simple, and providing a function in C even easier than the assembly.

Actually it's quite simple to toggle the leds, i was inquiring if
there was some "eCos way" to do it :)

Andrew wrote:
>You can use that macro within the setup code, ie inside
>hal_platform_setup. For application code there is often a
>function, eg the AT91 boards have hal_at91_led().

Thank you andrew i found the hal_lpc2xxx_set_leds() function, that's
exactly what i was seeking for !

So if i understand things correctly, the whole hal_platform_setup
thing is launched at startup ?

Can i modify that file to fit my platform specs ?

I'm using the olimex lpc2106 eval board package on an IAR kickstart
lpc2106 eval board and some things are a bit different here and there.

* Re: [ECOS] hal_platform_setup.h usage
@ 2007-06-28 18:17         ` Alexandre
From: Alexandre @ 2007-06-28 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Slide; +Cc: ecos-discuss

And additionaly, the function
externC void hal_lpc2xxx_set_leds(int mask);
is defined as is in hal_diag.h
Do you happend to know where the full definition is ? (do i have to
write it myself ?)

@ 2007-06-28 18:32         ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2007-06-28 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre; +Cc: ecos-discuss

> Andrew wrote:
> >You can use that macro within the setup code, ie inside
> >hal_platform_setup. For application code there is often a
> >function, eg the AT91 boards have hal_at91_led().
>
> Thank you andrew i found the hal_lpc2xxx_set_leds() function, that's
> exactly what i was seeking for !
>
> So if i understand things correctly, the whole hal_platform_setup
> thing is launched at startup ?

Correct. Take a look at the HAL porting guide. It should tell you more
about how the startup sequence works.

> Can i modify that file to fit my platform specs ?
>
> I'm using the olimex lpc2106 eval board package on an IAR kickstart
> lpc2106 eval board and some things are a bit different here and there.

You might want to make a new HAL package based on the nearest match.
Look at the porting guide and other HALs for ideas.

     Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] hal_platform_setup.h usage
@ 2007-06-28 19:18           ` Alexandre
From: Alexandre @ 2007-06-28 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre, ecos-discuss

Oki, thank you very much for you answers :)

Alex