* [ECOS] Reading of ecos.db file
@ 2007-07-02 16:46 Puneet Maheshwari
From: Puneet Maheshwari @ 2007-07-02 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

When we open the administration from the tools menu, it retrieves all
the packages from the ecos.db file. I am trying to find the function
which reads this file.

After lot of debugging I found the following function in interp.cxx file.
int result = Tcl_EvalFile(tcl_interp, CDL_TCL_CONST_CAST(char*,
script.c_str()));

Can anyone highlight me as to which function reads through the ecos.db file.

Thanks,

Puneet

* Re: [ECOS] Reading of ecos.db file
@ 2007-07-02 16:48 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2007-07-02 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Puneet Maheshwari; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 10:46:23AM -0600, Puneet Maheshwari wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When we open the administration from the tools menu, it retrieves all
> the packages from the ecos.db file. I am trying to find the function
> which reads this file.
>
> After lot of debugging I found the following function in interp.cxx file.
> int result = Tcl_EvalFile(tcl_interp, CDL_TCL_CONST_CAST(char*,
> script.c_str()));
>
> Can anyone highlight me as to which function reads through the ecos.db
> file.

I could be wrong here, Bart is the expert....

the ecos.db is actually a piece of tcl! So it is not read, it is
executed by the tcl interpreter.

        Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] Reading of ecos.db file
@ 2007-07-02 16:55   ` Puneet Maheshwari
From: Puneet Maheshwari @ 2007-07-02 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Then how does all the packages get stored in package_names
(type:std::vector<std::string>) defined in cdl.hxx file.

Thanks,

Regards,
Puneet

@ 2007-07-02 17:27     ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2007-07-02 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Puneet Maheshwari; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 10:55:06AM -0600, Puneet Maheshwari wrote:
> Then how does all the packages get stored in package_names
> (type:std::vector<std::string>) defined in cdl.hxx file.

New keywords are added to the tcl interpreter. Take a look at
host/libcdl/database.cxx.

        Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] Reading of ecos.db file
@ 2007-07-02 18:44       ` Puneet Maheshwari
From: Puneet Maheshwari @ 2007-07-02 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Puneet Maheshwari, ecos-discuss

Hi,

In CdlPackagesDatabaseBody constructor it reads the package_names data
type.But where exactly it is loading this data type. Where are the
package names getting stored?