* [ECOS] General Reboot questions
@ 2007-11-12  9:22 Hendrik Meiring
From: Hendrik Meiring @ 2007-11-12  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

Through the redboot documentation I understand that only the Flash, serial
and ethernet drivers are "supported". Is this due to the fact that the CLI
only makes provision for these or is there another reason.

Would it be possible without too much effort to add a CAN driver with
entries in the vvt for other applications to use, or will redboot have a
probem with it.

Regards
Hendrik Meiring

* Re: [ECOS] General Reboot questions
@ 2007-11-12  9:48 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2007-11-12  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hendrik Meiring; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 11:20:58AM +0200, Hendrik Meiring wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Through the redboot documentation I understand that only the Flash, serial
> and ethernet drivers are "supported". Is this due to the fact that the CLI
> only makes provision for these or is there another reason.

For a boot loader that is about all you need.

> Would it be possible without too much effort to add a CAN driver with
> entries in the vvt for other applications to use, or will redboot have a
> probem with it.

I believe Uwe Kindler has integrated CAN with redboot. However i don't
know the details.

What exactly do you want to do? Make the console work over CAN instead
of RS232?

   Andrew

* [ECOS] 答复: [ECOS] General Reboot questions
@ 2007-11-13  9:35 ` eCos
From: eCos @ 2007-11-13  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hendrik Meiring; +Cc: ecos-discuss

redboot donot support kernel, so those kernel independent driver can work
in redboot, such as: stand-alone ethernet driver,

none-io-interface flash driver, serial console driver.

wanghui

Beijing Sunnorth eCos Maintainer Group

Maintainers:
liqin@sunnorth.com.cn
wanghui@sunnorth.com.cn
taiyun@sunnorth.com.cn
yxinghua@sunnorth.com.cn

Bejing Sunnorth Electronic Technology Co.,LTD

ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org 写于 2007-11-12 17:20:58:

> Hi,
>
> Through the redboot documentation I understand that only the Flash,
serial
> and ethernet drivers are "supported". Is this due to the fact that the
CLI
> only makes provision for these or is there another reason.
>
> Would it be possible without too much effort to add a CAN driver with
> entries in the vvt for other applications to use, or will redboot have a
> probem with it.
>
> Regards
> Hendrik Meiring
>

> --

* [ECOS] [error] ixNpeDlImageMgrImageFind:
@ 2007-11-13 11:54   ` Navya S Kamath
From: Navya S Kamath @ 2007-11-13 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi All,

I get the following error while running a ram version of RedBoot on IXP425
ADI Coyote reference Board,

[error] ixNpeDlImageMgrImageFind: imageId not found in image library header
Error downloading firmware to NPE-B!

How can I solve this? Please Help.

Regards,
Navya