* [ECOS] Splitting out Jim to a seperate module from athttpd
@ 2007-11-15  7:13 Øyvind Harboe
From: Øyvind Harboe @ 2007-11-15  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Discussion

Is there a reason why Tcl Jim is inside the athttpd package?

It may be possible to use Tcl Jim without using the athttpd stuff when
adding the athttpd
package, and if so, it's only a matter of lack of
documentation/marketing of that feature +
I guess an estethic thing(no observable difference in executables by a
seperate package)
to split out seperate features in seperate packages. I haven't
checked, but the athttpd
probably relies on tcp/ip stuff which would make ecosconfig refuse to
add that package
in an environment without tcp/ip.

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com - eCos ARM & FPGA  developer kit

* Re: [ECOS] Splitting out Jim to a seperate module from athttpd
@ 2007-11-15  7:49 ` Sergei Gavrikov
From: Sergei Gavrikov @ 2007-11-15  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ?yvind Harboe; +Cc: eCos Discussion

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 08:10:28AM +0100, ?yvind Harboe wrote:
> Is there a reason why Tcl Jim is inside the athttpd package?
>
> It may be possible to use Tcl Jim without using the athttpd stuff when
> adding the athttpd package, and if so, it's only a matter of lack of
> documentation/marketing of that feature + I guess an estethic thing(no
> observable difference in executables by a seperate package) to split
> out seperate features in seperate packages. I haven't checked, but the
> athttpd probably relies on tcp/ip stuff which would make ecosconfig
> refuse to add that package in an environment without tcp/ip.

It seems, that eCos Jim package must live here

	$ECOS_REPOSITORY/language/tcl/jim

SYNOPSYS

        ecosconfig add athttpd
        ecosconfig add jim

Sergei

* Re: [ECOS] Splitting out Jim to a seperate module from athttpd
@ 2007-11-15  7:53   ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2007-11-15  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergei Gavrikov; +Cc: ?yvind Harboe, eCos Discussion

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 09:41:42AM +0200, Sergei Gavrikov wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 08:10:28AM +0100, ?yvind Harboe wrote:
> > Is there a reason why Tcl Jim is inside the athttpd package?
> >
> > It may be possible to use Tcl Jim without using the athttpd stuff when
> > adding the athttpd package, and if so, it's only a matter of lack of
> > documentation/marketing of that feature + I guess an estethic thing(no
> > observable difference in executables by a seperate package) to split
> > out seperate features in seperate packages. I haven't checked, but the
> > athttpd probably relies on tcp/ip stuff which would make ecosconfig
> > refuse to add that package in an environment without tcp/ip.
>
> It seems, that eCos Jim package must live here
>
> 	$ECOS_REPOSITORY/language/tcl/jim

If i remember correctly, Bart raised the same question when athttpd
was submitted. I suggest looking back in the archive for the
discussion at the time.

           Andrew