* [ECOS] How to enable USB on IXP425 GRG
@ 2007-11-17  7:17 Navya S Kamath
From: Navya S Kamath @ 2007-11-17  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

I am using ADI Coyote Residential Gateway Reference Design based on Intel
IXP425 network processor. I would like to enable the USB device on the
board. How can I do this?

Currently when I connect the USB on the board with a windows XP based PC
Windows says that "USB device attached has malfunctioned and windows does
not recognize it".

How can I get the USB up and windows recognize it? Please help.

Regards,
Navya

* Re: [ECOS] How to enable USB on IXP425 GRG
       [not found] <E1IwsNL-0006NW-00@londo.lunn.ch>
@ 2007-11-27 14:39 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2007-11-27 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Navya S Kamath; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 10:17:51AM +0530, Navya S Kamath wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I could successfully compile the redboot with USB drivers for IXP425, but
> when I load the image I am not able to get the initialization code running.
> I have enabled the diagnostic message in the USB in usbs_ixp425_init ()
> function which is the entry point. How can I proceed? Please help

What protocol are you running on top of the USB driver? What
enumeration data do you provide? If you run lsusb do you see the
device on your host?

       Andrew

* RE: [ECOS] How to enable USB on IXP425 GRG
@ 2007-11-27  6:47 Navya S Kamath

       [not found]       ` <E1IvXeW-0006LI-00@londo.lunn.ch>
@ 2007-11-23 21:02         ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2007-11-23 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Navya S Kamath; +Cc: ecos-discuss

@ 2007-11-23 14:46       ` Navya S Kamath
       [not found]       ` <E1IvXeW-0006LI-00@londo.lunn.ch>
From: Navya S Kamath @ 2007-11-23 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

I created a driver package for USB on IXP425. I have modified the ecos.db to
include the USB package. Similarly I have edited the .ecm files for the
board. But while compiling the image the driver source is not compiled.Is
there any other change to be made?

Please help

Regards,
Navya

From: Andrew Lunn @ 2007-11-18 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Navya S Kamath; +Cc: ecos-discuss

@ 2007-11-17 17:46   ` Navya S Kamath
       [not found]   ` <E1ItJNI-0002rc-00@londo.lunn.ch>

On Sat, Nov 17, 2007 at 12:36:35PM +0530, Navya S Kamath wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using ADI Coyote Residential Gateway Reference Design based on Intel
> IXP425 network processor. I would like to enable the USB device on the
> board. How can I do this?
>
> Currently when I connect the USB on the board with a windows XP based PC
> Windows says that "USB device attached has malfunctioned and windows does
> not recognize it".
>
> How can I get the USB up and windows recognize it? Please help.

You need to start by writing a USB device driver for that chip. See
the eCos USB documentation.

    Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] How to enable USB on IXP425 GRG
       [not found] <E1ItHm8-0002e2-00@londo.lunn.ch>
@ 2007-11-17  8:49 ` Andrew Lunn
       [not found]   ` <E1ItJNI-0002rc-00@londo.lunn.ch>
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2007-11-17  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)