* [ECOS] debugging eCos
@ 2007-12-12 21:23 Michael Lang
From: Michael Lang @ 2007-12-12 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

i am new to eCos. I have build a tool chain for i386-elf, according to the
description provided on the ecos homepage.

For debugging, i use bochs and gdb(ddd). I configure eCos for floppy startup,
build my application with it (no kernel is present) and make a bootable
floppy disk from the resulting elf file.

In Bochs, the gdb stub is enabled and waiting for the gdb to connect.

When gdb connects to bochs and i continue, bochs starts booting from the
floppy disk.

My problem: When ever i set a breakpoint in ddd (using gdb) bochs seems to
hold at the right position, but the position gdb shows bochs was interrupted
is:

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
0x000088fd in cyg_interrupt_stack_base ()

How can i solve this problem,

* RE: [ECOS] Debugging eCos
@ 2001-04-23 23:06 Ho Shui Choy Stanley PS03B NCS
From: Ho Shui Choy Stanley PS03B NCS @ 2001-04-23 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Gary Thomas'; +Cc: Ecos-Discuss (E-mail)

My target is Atmel AT91EB40 evaluation board with Atmel AT91R40807
processor. I'm running cygwin on Windows NT and have build the necessary
cross compiler tools. The debug tool I build is the latest insight source
snapshot.

I can connect to the Angel monitor in the target. After downloading the
image to the RAM, I tried to single step but sometimes it hangs and
sometimes it just run till the end and hangs.

On 23-Apr-2001 Ho Shui Choy Stanley PS03B NCS wrote:
> Do I need to check any options in the eCos configuration tool in order to
> build my application with debug capabilities when using gdb? Is it
possible
> to debug in ram as well as in rom?

Debugging RAM based applications using GDB should "just work".

Debugging ROM applications with GDB is not supported [in general].

Are you having troubles?  What is your target environment?  host
environment?

* RE: [ECOS] Debugging eCos
@ 2001-04-23  8:26   ` Lewin A.R.W. Edwards
From: Lewin A.R.W. Edwards @ 2001-04-23  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ho Shui Choy Stanley PS03B NCS; +Cc: Ecos-Discuss (E-mail)

> > Do I need to check any options in the eCos configuration tool in order to
> > build my application with debug capabilities when using gdb? Is it possible
>
>Are you having troubles?  What is your target environment?  host environment?

 From a previous message, apparently the Atmel EB40.

There is extant a gdb stub for this platform, built by Tauno Voipio, which
he emailed me some weeks ago and which I (and he) have been sending to
various people based on a (sudden?) surge(?) of interest in the EB01/EB40.
However TTBOMK the only working eCos port is the old one, though Daniel is
working on one. No RedBoot port yet AFAIK.

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"... a man who is endowed with real qualities of leadership will be tempted
to refrain from taking part in political life; because [...] the situation
does not call for a man who has a capacity for constructive statesmanship
but rather for a man who is capable of bargaining for the favour of the
majority. Thus the situation will appeal to small minds and will attract
them accordingly."

* RE: [ECOS] Debugging eCos
@ 2001-04-23  5:38 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2001-04-23  5:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ho Shui Choy Stanley PS03B NCS; +Cc: Ecos-Discuss (E-mail)

On 23-Apr-2001 Ho Shui Choy Stanley PS03B NCS wrote:
> Do I need to check any options in the eCos configuration tool in order to
> build my application with debug capabilities when using gdb? Is it possible
> to debug in ram as well as in rom?

Debugging RAM based applications using GDB should "just work".

Debugging ROM applications with GDB is not supported [in general].

Are you having troubles?  What is your target environment?  host environment?

* [ECOS] Debugging eCos
@ 2001-04-23  1:39 Ho Shui Choy Stanley PS03B NCS
From: Ho Shui Choy Stanley PS03B NCS @ 2001-04-23  1:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ecos-Discuss (E-mail)

Do I need to check any options in the eCos configuration tool in order to
build my application with debug capabilities when using gdb? Is it possible
to debug in ram as well as in rom?

Thanks
Stanley