* [ECOS] How can I debug my drivers without redboot?
@ 2008-03-14  9:32 venice
From: venice @ 2008-03-14  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Now I can use JTAG device to debug redboot but the ram is too small to do
that job, So I must remove the reboot But How can I debug my drivers in
source level code? any good idea is welcome. Thanks!

* Re: [ECOS] How can I debug my drivers without redboot?
@ 2008-03-14  9:39 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2008-03-14  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: venice; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 05:32:18PM +0800, venice wrote:
> Now I can use JTAG device to debug redboot but the ram is too small to do
> that job, So I must remove the reboot But How can I debug my drivers in
> source level code? any good idea is welcome. Thanks!

Use your JTAG device in combination with gdb. gdb can talk to JTAG
devices to set hardware break points, look at memory etc. You just
need to ensure you have a JTAG device which gdb supports.

     Andrew