* [ECOS] Timing components
@ 2008-05-20 17:34 Shilpa
From: Shilpa @ 2008-05-20 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all

I have few doubts on the timing components.  I kindly request  to clarify me
on these

1)HAL_CLOCK_INITIALIZE(_period_)
In the above function, how to calculate the period.  For eg I want to
initialize clock for 2 hrs, how to calculate the period for2 hrs.

I read   that this function interrupts after the specified period.   I want
to execute a funtion after a specified period.  How to do this.

This may be simple but please guide me.

Thank you in advance

Regards
Shilpa

* Re: [ECOS] Timing components
@ 2008-05-20 18:06 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2008-05-20 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shilpa; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 10:34:06AM -0700, Shilpa wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have few doubts on the timing components.  I kindly request  to clarify me
> on these
>
> 1)HAL_CLOCK_INITIALIZE(_period_)
> In the above function, how to calculate the period.  For eg I want to
> initialize clock for 2 hrs, how to calculate the period for2 hrs.
>
> I read   that this function interrupts after the specified period.   I want
> to execute a funtion after a specified period.  How to do this.
>
> This may be simple but please guide me.

Keep reading the documents.

You are going about this completely the wrong way.

Maybe this will help a little.

http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/user-guide/clocks-and-alarm-handlers.html

        Andrew