* RE: [ECOS] Connecting gdb to AEB
@ 2000-07-05  3:02 Andreas.Karlsson
From: Andreas.Karlsson @ 2000-07-05  3:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jskov; +Cc: ecos-discuss

I'm trying to run the tests as given under "Running Applications on the
target"
Can someone tell me what I've done wrong...

bash-2.04$ pwd
/d/Program Files/Red Hat/eCos/packages/kernel/v1_3_1/tests
bash-2.04$ gdb -nw thread_gdb
GNU gdb 5.0
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-cygwin"...thread_gdb: No such file or
directory.

(gdb) set remotebaud 38400
(gdb) target remote COM1
Remote debugging using COM1
0x0 in ?? ()
(gdb) load
No executable file specified.
Use the "file" or "exec-file" command.
(gdb)

/Andreas

From: Jesper Skov @ 2000-07-05  3:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas.Karlsson; +Cc: jskov, ecos-discuss

Andreas> I'm trying to run the tests as given under "Running
Andreas> Applications on the target" Can someone tell me what I've
Andreas> done wrong...

Yes, you are not using the correct debugger.

Jesper

* Re: [ECOS] Connecting gdb to AEB
@ 2000-07-05  4:00 ` Hugo 'NOx' Tyson
From: Hugo 'NOx' Tyson @ 2000-07-05  4:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Andreas.Karlsson@combitechsystems.com writes:
> I'm trying to run the tests as given under "Running Applications on the
> target"

> This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-cygwin"

Jesper's right, it's the wrong GDB.

> ...thread_gdb: No such file or directory.

but that bit is another problem too.  Maybe it ends in .exe?

	- Huge

* RE: [ECOS] Connecting gdb to AEB
@ 2000-07-05  4:04 ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2000-07-05  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas.Karlsson; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Dude, you gotta read the glowing letters on the TV set in front of you
- they tell you why things fail! Hint: search for "No such file or
directory" in the below.

Jesper

@ 2000-07-05  3:51 Andreas.Karlsson

@ 2000-07-05  3:12                     ` Robert Erskine
From: Robert Erskine @ 2000-07-05  3:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jesper Skov, Andreas.Karlsson; +Cc: ecos-discuss, roberte

At 11:52 AM 7/5/00 +0200, Jesper Skov wrote:
<Andreas.Karlsson@combitechsystems.com> writes:

>Andreas> Hi!  While following the "Getting Started with eCos" you
>Andreas> shall connect to the board using these gdb commands.
>
>Andreas> (gdb) set remotebaud 38400 (gdb) set
>Andreas> mips-force-32bit-saved-gpregs (gdb) target remote COM1
>
>Ignore that command. It's a documentation bug [Robert, this has been
>fixed, hasn't it?]

That line appears in 1.3.1 and 1.3.2 (arm).

Robert

* Re: [ECOS] Connecting gdb to AEB
@ 2000-07-05  2:53                   ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2000-07-05  2:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas.Karlsson; +Cc: ecos-discuss, roberte

Andreas> Hi!  While following the "Getting Started with eCos" you
Andreas> shall connect to the board using these gdb commands.

Andreas> (gdb) set remotebaud 38400 (gdb) set
Andreas> mips-force-32bit-saved-gpregs (gdb) target remote COM1

Ignore that command. It's a documentation bug [Robert, this has been
fixed, hasn't it?]

Jesper

* [ECOS] Connecting gdb to AEB
@ 2000-07-05  2:40                 ` Andreas.Karlsson
From: Andreas.Karlsson @ 2000-07-05  2:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi!

While following the "Getting Started with eCos" you shall connect to the
board using these gdb commands.

(gdb) set remotebaud 38400
(gdb) set mips-force-32bit-saved-gpregs
(gdb) target remote COM1

This set mips.. command, should I replace it?
Entering the command I get:
(gdb) set mips-force-32bit-saved-gpregs
Error: No symbol table is loaded.  Use the "file" command.

/Andreas