* [ECOS] Re[ECOS] dboot + Flash driver for 2k page size
@ 2010-12-07 16:35 lux_cnis
From: lux_cnis @ 2010-12-07 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all,

I am a newbie in ecos. I am working to reboot my arm board TS-7250 from the
flash on my board, which holds 128M flash and 64M RAM.

Now, I can use a serial blaster to boot into the redboot prompt. But I found
that the compiled redboot can not work with my flash. My flash is SAMSUNG
K9F1G08U0B, whose page size is 2K. Therefore, my redboot can not recognize
the flash. When I try to "fis write" the bootrom file into the flash, the
error information is as follows:

Invalid FLASH address 0x60000000: FLASH sub-system not initialized
     valid range is 0x00000000 - 0x00000000

When I typed in "version" under redboot prompt, the information is as
follows:

RAM: 0x00000000 - 0x02000000 [0x00053750 - 0x01ffd000] available
FLASH: 0x00000000 - 0x00000001, 0 blocks of 0x00000000 bytes each.

So, could anybody share your redboot with me to fix this problem about
enabling nand 2k flash? Thank you so much.

Best Regards,
Lux

* Re: [ECOS] Re[ECOS] dboot + Flash driver for 2k page size
@ 2010-12-07 17:06 ` Ross Younger
From: Ross Younger @ 2010-12-07 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

* lux_cnis <luxiang527@gmail.com> wrote:
> My flash is SAMSUNG K9F1G08U0B, whose page size is 2K. Therefore, my
> redboot can not recognize the flash.

The FIS does not, at present, support NAND flash parts. This is because
it only supports NOR flash.  To make this work you would probably need
to create a bridging driver to one of the eCos NAND flash libraries and
a translation layer to make the NAND appear, to RedBoot, to be NOR.

If you don't need FIS you can still run a filesystem on the NAND by
building in fileio support.  This is known to work in RedBoot and adds
a number of new commands.  YAFFS is the recommended filesystem for NAND
parts (though beware - it's not under quite the same license as eCos).

Ross

* [ECOS] Re: Re[ECOS] dboot + Flash driver for 2k page size
@ 2010-12-07 17:25   ` lux_cnis
From: lux_cnis @ 2010-12-07 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi Ross,

Thank you for your reply.

As for the command "fis write", I used a serial blaster contributed by
Curtis Monroe from TS-7200 yahoo group. I think his main contribution is to
enable "write" action to rewrite eeprom. Therefore, this "fis write" may be
a little bit different from FIS.

So I guess the problem should be the initialization code of my ecos. But I
have no any idea about how to do some changes in ecos to make the compiled
RedBoot recognize my flash. Could you please offer me some hints about this
part of work?

Thank you so much.

Best Regards,
Lux