* Re: [ECOS] TCP/IP for eCos
@ 1999-10-07 21:52 Prakash R
From: Prakash R @ 1999-10-07 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

>>>>> "Tristan" == Tristan Gingold <tgi@netgem.com> writes:
Tristan> I am ready to put my port of RTEMS tcp/ip on a site, ASA I
Tristan> can known which site !

I'll check this code out before making a decision on which
TCP/IP code to pick up. If my information is correct, RTEMS
TCP/IP is also from BSD.

1) Can somebody give me a very high level algorithm one can
use to port a TCP/IP stack onto an OS?

2) What level of expertise is required? I've been involved in
development of Protocol stacks for Telecom, and I've been a
user of TCP/IP. But I've just started looking into the
internals of TCP/IP. (TCP/IP Illustrated, Vol 2, Stevens).

- Regards,
--
Prakash R
Co-ordinating Engineer, Internet Telephony Group

* Re: [ECOS] TCP/IP for eCos
@ 1999-10-07  2:37     ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 1999-10-07  2:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tristan Gingold; +Cc: Mohammed Illyas Mansoor, ecos-discuss, rprakash

Tristan> I am ready to put my port of RTEMS tcp/ip on a site, ASA I
Tristan> can known which site !

Sounds good!

Unfortunately sourceware is in the middle of a hardware upgrade. We'll
try to get an eCos FTP contrib area set up next week. I will send you
email when we have things sorted out.

Thanks,
Jesper

* Re: [ECOS] TCP/IP for eCos
@ 1999-10-06  1:07   ` Tristan Gingold
From: Tristan Gingold @ 1999-10-06  1:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mohammed Illyas Mansoor; +Cc: ecos-discuss, rprakash

On Tue, Oct 05, 1999 at 10:06:46AM +0530, Mohammed Illyas Mansoor wrote:
> Jim Belton wrote:
>
> > Hi all:
> >
> > It seems that there are 3 TCP/IP ports underway or planned:
> >  1. Tristan's port from RTEMS.
> >  2. Prakash's planned port from BSD-4.4lite.
> >  3. Mohammed's port from RTEMS.
> >
> > Have you guys talked about merging the projects and sharing the effort?
> > Whatever the result, I'd love it if it could end up with either a BSD or
> > ECPL
> > like license, so I can use it in a commercial product, if I want to.
> >
> > Thanks - Jim.
>
>    Hi all:
>
>             Prakash belongs to our group itself , and in fact he was
> referring to
> the same port which I am looking into. I am trying to see what can be taken
>
> from RTEMS and BSD-4.4lite into eCos, that leaves out with 2 ports going
> on,
> regarding Tristan's port  I don't know how much work he has done into
> porting RTEMs TCP/IP stack to eCos, earlier I had posted a mail regarding
> this,
> has not yet responded, hope he is on the mailing list.
I am ready to put my port of RTEMS tcp/ip on a site, ASA I can known which
site !

Tristan.

* Re: [ECOS] TCP/IP for eCos
@ 1999-10-05  3:06 ` Mohammed Illyas Mansoor
From: Mohammed Illyas Mansoor @ 1999-10-05  3:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss; +Cc: rprakash, mansoor

Jim Belton wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> It seems that there are 3 TCP/IP ports underway or planned:
>  1. Tristan's port from RTEMS.
>  2. Prakash's planned port from BSD-4.4lite.
>  3. Mohammed's port from RTEMS.
>
> Have you guys talked about merging the projects and sharing the effort?
> Whatever the result, I'd love it if it could end up with either a BSD or
> ECPL
> like license, so I can use it in a commercial product, if I want to.
>
> Thanks - Jim.

   Hi all:

            Prakash belongs to our group itself , and in fact he was
referring to
the same port which I am looking into. I am trying to see what can be taken

from RTEMS and BSD-4.4lite into eCos, that leaves out with 2 ports going
on,
regarding Tristan's port  I don't know how much work he has done into
porting RTEMs TCP/IP stack to eCos, earlier I had posted a mail regarding
this,
has not yet responded, hope he is on the mailing list.

--With Regards,

M. I. Mansoor.

* [ECOS] TCP/IP for eCos
@ 1999-10-04 13:54 Jim Belton