* [ECOS] Insight for PowerPC?
@ 2000-02-03  8:06 Kenneth Porter
From: Kenneth Porter @ 2000-02-03  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Discuss

Was browsing the Cygwin site looking to see if I had to do anything
special to get powerpc-eabi-gdb to talk to COM1, and I noticed that
Insight had been ported to Cygwin. Has anyone built it for PowerPC? (Or
is that relevant? Does Insight need to know what kind of CPU it's
managing, or is it just a front end for an external instance of gdb?)

Kenneth Porter
Kensington Laboratories, Inc.
mailto:kenneth_porter@kensingtonlabs.com
http://www.kensingtonlabs.com

* Re: [ECOS] Insight for PowerPC?
@ 2000-02-03  8:57 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-02-03  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kenneth Porter; +Cc: eCos Discuss

Kenneth Porter wrote:

> Was browsing the Cygwin site looking to see if I had to do anything
> special to get powerpc-eabi-gdb to talk to COM1, and I noticed that
> Insight had been ported to Cygwin. Has anyone built it for PowerPC? (Or
> is that relevant? Does Insight need to know what kind of CPU it's
> managing, or is it just a front end for an external instance of gdb?)

Insight and GDB or tightly integrated, so they have to be built together for
the CPU. It isn't a separate frontend.

We've built Insight for Cygwin internally and for our paying customers, so
it *should* be okay.

Jifl