* [ECOS] AEB additional serial port
@ 2000-02-17  0:34 Sergey Yemets
From: Sergey Yemets @ 2000-02-17  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi.

AEB board has 3 serial ports. They are called #0,#1,#2.
DB9 connector is attached to serial port #1.
Device 'haldiag' use this port.

What hardware is assumed in pkgconf/io_serial.h
(CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_AEB_SERIAL0 and CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_AEB_SERIAL1)?

One more question:
Can one remove gdb support code (including 'haldiag' device driver,
including all debugging facilities) to reduce size? What size of memory
will be free?

There are two options in pkgconf/*.h files (CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_HALDIAG,
CYGDBG_HAL_DIAG_DISABLE_GDB_PROTOCOL). I changed them and rebuilt all.
But I didn't see significant changes in code size.

Thanks.

Sergey.

* Re: [ECOS] AEB additional serial port
@ 2000-02-17  9:23 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-02-17  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergey Yemets; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Sergey Yemets wrote:

> Hi.
>
> AEB board has 3 serial ports. They are called #0,#1,#2.
> DB9 connector is attached to serial port #1.
> Device 'haldiag' use this port.
>
> What hardware is assumed in pkgconf/io_serial.h
> (CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_AEB_SERIAL0 and CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_AEB_SERIAL1)?
>
> One more question:
> Can one remove gdb support code (including 'haldiag' device driver,
> including all debugging facilities) to reduce size?

You can do so by ensuring you don't use any functions that require it. Have
a look at the linker map (pass -Wl,-Map,link.map on the gcc link line to ask
the linker to generate a map file called link.map), or use arm-elf-nm
<executable file> to see what has actually been included. arm-elf-objdump
--syms can also be used. Anything with an address of '00000000' has been
removed due to the linker garbage collection and can be ignored.

> What size of memory
> will be free?

Not much.

Jifl