* [ECOS] Networking Help
@ 2000-10-24 11:28 amassa
From: amassa @ 2000-10-24 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss; +Cc: jlarmour

I am using the Windows NT configuration tool.  What I did was select the
template for the MBX860, then I added the following packages:

- COMMON ETHERNET SUPPORT
- NETWORKING
- SNMP AGENT
- SNMP LIBRARY

After that I get a conflict which states:

Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGBLD_ISO_BSDTYPES_HEADER ==
"<sys/bsdtypes.h>"

What do I need to change to correct this?

When I compile the goahead web server I get an error looking for NFDBITS.
Do you know what I must do to eliminate this compile problem?

Also, I have read in previous mailing list messages that for the goahead web
server CYGNUM_LIBC_MALLOC_MEMPOOL_SIZE must be increased to user_value =
1638400, however, I can only find CYGNUM_MEMALLOC_FALLBACK_MALLOC_POOL_SIZE.
 Do I change the later key I mentioned or add the
CYGNUM_LIBC_MALLOC_MEMPOOL_SIZE key?  If I add it, which cdl file do I need
to add it and where?

Thanks.

* [ECOS] Re: Networking Help
@ 2000-10-24 11:57 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-10-24 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: amassa; +Cc: ecos-discuss

"amassa@cts.com" wrote:

> I am using the Windows NT configuration tool.  What I did was select the
> template for the MBX860, then I added the following packages:
>
> - COMMON ETHERNET SUPPORT
> - NETWORKING
> - SNMP AGENT
> - SNMP LIBRARY
>
> After that I get a conflict which states:
>
> Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGBLD_ISO_BSDTYPES_HEADER ==
> "<sys/bsdtypes.h>"
>
> What do I need to change to correct this?

Click Continue? If that doesn't work, just update the value of the option
by hand.

> When I compile the goahead web server I get an error looking for NFDBITS.
> Do you know what I must do to eliminate this compile problem?

Probably fix the above since NFDBITS is defined in sys/bfdtypes.h

> Also, I have read in previous mailing list messages that for the goahead web
> server CYGNUM_LIBC_MALLOC_MEMPOOL_SIZE must be increased to user_value =
> 1638400, however, I can only find CYGNUM_MEMALLOC_FALLBACK_MALLOC_POOL_SIZE.
>  Do I change the later key I mentioned or add the
> CYGNUM_LIBC_MALLOC_MEMPOOL_SIZE key?  If I add it, which cdl file do I need
> to add it and where?

Change the latter key.

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] Re: Networking Help
@ 2000-10-25  5:25   ` Bart Veer
From: Bart Veer @ 2000-10-25  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

    >> > Click Continue? If that doesn't work, just update the value
    >> > of the option
    >> > by hand.
    >>
    >> I got the same problem in several occasions. It seems that the
    >> configuration tools is not abble to resolve conflicts which
    >> involve a string value.

    Huge> That's true AFAIK, it's a bug.

    Huge> Here's a tip: in the conflicts window, you can click on a
    Huge> symbol - maybe with the other button - to get a menu
    Huge> including "locate"; hit that and it'll take you to the item
    Huge> so you can enter the value by hand. Saves pain searching for
    Huge> it.

    Huge> I believe the CLUI tool *can* resolve this correctly.

Correct, ecosconfig gets this sort of thing right. The problem is that
the GUI tool invokes libcdl's inference engine in slightly different
ways from the command line tools. There are reasons for this, e.g. in
an interactive tool it makes sense to let users confirm or reject the
decisions made by the inference engine. Unfortunately in some
circumstances you end up with different results, e.g. the GUI tool
cannot resolve a conflict that ecosconfig takes in its stride.
Investigating why this happens is on my TODO list.

Bart

* Re: [ECOS] Re: Networking Help
@ 2000-10-25  4:31 ` Hugo Tyson
From: Hugo Tyson @ 2000-10-25  4:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Fabrice Gautier <Fabrice_Gautier@sdesigns.com> writes:
> > > After that I get a conflict which states:
> > >
> > > Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGBLD_ISO_BSDTYPES_HEADER ==
> > > "<sys/bsdtypes.h>"
> > >
> > > What do I need to change to correct this?
> >
> > Click Continue? If that doesn't work, just update the value
> > of the option
> > by hand.
>
> I got the same problem in several occasions. It seems that the configuration
> tools is not abble to resolve conflicts which involve a string value.

That's true AFAIK, it's a bug.

Here's a tip: in the conflicts window, you can click on a symbol - maybe
with the other button - to get a menu including "locate"; hit that and
it'll take you to the item so you can enter the value by hand.  Saves pain
searching for it.

I believe the CLUI tool *can* resolve this correctly.

	- Huge

* RE: [ECOS] Re: Networking Help
@ 2000-10-24 21:22 Fabrice Gautier
From: Fabrice Gautier @ 2000-10-24 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)