* [ECOS] Can NOT build tests
@ 2000-10-30  2:03 David Geng
From: David Geng @ 2000-10-30  2:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello,

By now I have setup eCos environment and built GDB stub successfully.
Further step, I want to build some tests to verify the eCos configuration.
But, unfortunately, it's failed. I tried to rebuild it many times, results
were the same. I also tried to build single test program. It's also failed.
The following is an example output:

$ make -C kernel/current tests TESTS=tests/tm_basic
make: Entering directory `/d/eCos386/test_build/kernel/current'
i386-elf-gcc -g -nostdlib -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,-static -L//D/eCos386/test_i
nstall/lib -Ttarget.ld -o
//D/eCos386/test_install/tests/kernel/current/tests/tm_basic
tests/tm_basic.o
//D/eCos386/test_install/lib/libtarget.a(services_memalloc_common_heaps.o):
In function `global destructors keyed to 49900.cygmem_memalloc_heaps':
/d/eCos386/test_build/services/memalloc/common/current/heaps.cxx:19:
undefined reference to `_heap1'
/d/eCos386/test_build/services/memalloc/common/current/heaps.cxx:19:
undefined reference to `_heap1'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [//D/eCos386/test_install/tests/kernel/current/tests/tm_basic]
Error 1

make: Leaving directory `/d/eCos386/test_build/kernel/current'

So I was wondering what's wrong with the heaps.cxx, and what is the _heap1?
I feel heap1 is a memory region which's found in the eCos memory layout,
right? BTW, I'm using the repository from CVS with eCos 1.3.1.1.

Any one would like to help me? Thank you so much in advance.

Regards

David

* Re: [ECOS] Can NOT build tests
@ 2000-10-30 16:28 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-10-30 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Geng; +Cc: ecos-discuss

David Geng wrote:

> So I was wondering what's wrong with the heaps.cxx, and what is the _heap1?
> I feel heap1 is a memory region which's found in the eCos memory layout,
> right? BTW, I'm using the repository from CVS with eCos 1.3.1.1.

Have you changed your memory layout? If so, you'll need to use an updated
Configuration tool. If you use the default memory layout this problem
should go away.... except of course your memory layout will probably not be
right for what you want :-). I intend to put a new config tool up tomorrow
for FTP. Watch this space.

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] Can NOT build tests
@ 2000-10-31 15:38   ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-10-31 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Geng; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Jonathan Larmour wrote:

> David Geng wrote:
> >
> > So I was wondering what's wrong with the heaps.cxx, and what is the _heap1?
> > I feel heap1 is a memory region which's found in the eCos memory layout,
> > right? BTW, I'm using the repository from CVS with eCos 1.3.1.1.
>
> Have you changed your memory layout? If so, you'll need to use an updated
> Configuration tool. If you use the default memory layout this problem
> should go away.... except of course your memory layout will probably not be
> right for what you want :-). I intend to put a new config tool up tomorrow
> for FTP. Watch this space.

I've put up a new Configuration Tool, v1.3.1.2. Get it from
ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/ecos/anoncvs/Configtool1312.exe or a mirror.

Try that and see if it helps. You may need to delete the existing MLT files
in your build tree (or even your entire build tree) to be sure the MLT
files in it are correct.

Jifl