* [ECOS] Rebuilding using ecosconfig (plain text)
@ 2000-09-28  8:40 Robert Cragie
From: Robert Cragie @ 2000-09-28  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

(apologies for earlier HTML one)

I have just started to use eCos and I am having some problems using
ecosconfig. I am running on Redhat 6.1 (with 2.2.16 kernel)

I am building the cygmon package for my own target which I have defined. I'm
pretty sure I have updated all the .cdl files correctly - all the packages,
targets and components all show up using the config tool. I do:

$ ecosconfig new mytarget cygmon
$ ecosconfig tree
$ make

This works fine. However, if I update either the ecos.ecc file, or any of
the sources in the repository, the output from make seems to show them being
rebuilt (I haven't studied it carefully), but the image files do not seem to
change. They do not seem to change even if I do a 'make clean; make' at the
top The only way I seem to be able to rebuild properly is by deleting the
whole tree except for ecos.ecc, touching ecos.ecc and starting again from
'ecosconfig tree'. Surely the build system should be able to be a bit
cleverer about dependencies? Or am I missing something?

Robert Cragie
Design Engineer
Jennic Ltd.
Furnival Street
Sheffield
S1 4QT
Tel: +44 (0) 114 281 4512
Fax: +44 (0) 114 281 2951
mailto:rcc@jennic.com
http://www.jennic.com

* Re: [ECOS] Rebuilding using ecosconfig (plain text)
@ 2000-11-02 19:42 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-11-02 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Cragie; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Robert Cragie wrote:
[building cygmon]
> This works fine. However, if I update either the ecos.ecc file, or any of
> the sources in the repository, the output from make seems to show them being
> rebuilt (I haven't studied it carefully), but the image files do not seem to
> change. They do not seem to change even if I do a 'make clean; make' at the
> top The only way I seem to be able to rebuild properly is by deleting the
> whole tree except for ecos.ecc, touching ecos.ecc and starting again from
> 'ecosconfig tree'. Surely the build system should be able to be a bit
> cleverer about dependencies? Or am I missing something?

Sorry it took so long to get back on this. It is a dependency problem on
cygmon. Add these extra dependencies to the make rule in
CYGBLD_BUILD_CYGMON in packages/cygmon/VERSION/cdl/cygmon.cdl (i.e. at end
of the very long line beginning <PREFIX>/bin/cygmon.elf)

$(PREFIX)/lib/target.ld $(PREFIX)/lib/vectors.o $(PREFIX)/lib/libtarget.a
$(PREFIX)/lib/libextras.a

I've also applied this to our CVS repository.

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] Rebuilding using ecosconfig (plain text)
@ 2000-09-28  9:08 AshCan
From: AshCan @ 2000-09-28  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rcc, ecos-discuss

In a message dated 9/28/00 8:41:44 AM Pacific Daylight Time, rcc@jennic.com
writes:

>  $ ecosconfig new mytarget cygmon
>  $ ecosconfig tree
>  $ make

Realize that ecos.ecc is generated from files in packages/templates and from
cdl
files off of mytarget's hal directory.  When you run "ecosconfig new mytarget
cygmon" you generate a new ecos.ecc.  The proper way to do things is to edit
the
file in packages/templates/cygmon, not ecos.ecc.  If you want to edit
ecos.ecc,
which is OK too, only type "ecosconfig tree" and "make".

regards,

Dan Ash
SonicBox