* [ECOS] start address
@ 2000-10-30  1:39 zsz
From: zsz @ 2000-10-30  1:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos-discuss

Hello all,

	Who could tell me how to specify the start address of  GDB stub image in eCos? thank you  in advance!

Zhao shengzhe
zsz@chinadigipro.com

* Re: [ECOS] start address
@ 2000-10-31 15:27 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-10-31 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsz; +Cc: eCos-discuss

zsz wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>         Who could tell me how to specify the start address of  GDB stub image in eCos? thank you  in advance!

Start addresses are very target dependent. Which target is this? And why do
you need to know?

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] start address
@ 2000-11-01  0:10   ` zsz
From: zsz @ 2000-11-01  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: eCos-discuss

Hi Jifl,
	I want to port eCos to the "DSC21", a chip with a ARM core of TI. It's boot sequence is as follows:
1. Reset vector at 0x0
2. hardwired jump address to 0x200000
3. start executing code from FLASH ROM
4. _c_int00 routine copies code into internal SRAM
5. start execution
	so I want to specify the strat address of stubs package image in eCos.Can you tell me ? thank you a lot!
Zhao Shengzhe

@ 2000-11-03  0:54     ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-11-03  0:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsz; +Cc: eCos-discuss

zsz wrote:

> Hi Jifl,
>         I want to port eCos to the "DSC21", a chip with a ARM core of TI. It's boot sequence is as follows:
> 1. Reset vector at 0x0
> 2. hardwired jump address to 0x200000
> 3. start executing code from FLASH ROM

You mean 0x200000 is the start of ROM? In that case it sounds like it's
like the other ARM ports. You just define your memory layout appropriately
such that the fixed_vectors section as at the start of ROM which is located
at 0x200000.

> 4. _c_int00 routine copies code into internal SRAM

I'm not sure what this is, but it sounds a lot like what we call elsewhere
"ROMRAM" startup. It's quite complex. I suggest concentrating from running
from ROM first, and then add this later. Adding this adds a lot more
variables.

Jifl