* [ECOS] Pseudo DSR's Not Working?
@ 2000-09-25  4:54 Colin Ford
From: Colin Ford @ 2000-09-25  4:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello All,
I've been trying to figure out why my DSR's are not
working. I'm using the CVS version of eCos. I've tracked
it down to the alarm_thread (pseudo DSR). eCos seems to
deadlock when trying to aquire the mutex in cyg_splinternal?
The whole system just stops and nothing happens after the
call to cyg_splinternal because something else has the
mutex. I thought that at the moment the task tries to get the
mutex and can't the other threads should run. This does not
seem to be the case?
Does anyone else have the new pseudo DSR's working with
the network stack?
Many thanks,
Col.
Colin Ford               PipingHot Networks
Software Engineer        +44 (0)1364 655510

* Re: [ECOS] Pseudo DSR's Not Working?
@ 2000-11-06 20:31 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-11-06 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: colin.ford; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Colin Ford wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I've been trying to figure out why my DSR's are not
> working. I'm using the CVS version of eCos. I've tracked
> it down to the alarm_thread (pseudo DSR). eCos seems to
> deadlock when trying to aquire the mutex in cyg_splinternal?
>
> The whole system just stops and nothing happens after the
> call to cyg_splinternal because something else has the
> mutex. I thought that at the moment the task tries to get the
> mutex and can't the other threads should run. This does not
> seem to be the case?
>
> Does anyone else have the new pseudo DSR's working with
> the network stack?

Did you get this resolved by the way? I never saw a reply.

Jifl