* [ECOS] posix
@ 2000-11-07  3:47 Suresh N
From: Suresh N @ 2000-11-07  3:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all,
	i have downloaded the latest ecos version.
	i am trying to add posix compliancy and test.
	when i try to give
	ecosconfig add posix
	the tool is giving the 8 conflicts resolved.. but still 5
conflicts are present in ecos.ecc.. i tried to resolve but i couldn't. so
during compilation it is giving errors.
	any idea what's happening?
	is there any manual to add package posix...

	this is the message i get :
	ecosconfig new posix

	<cut>
	8 conflict(s) resolved:
 CYGPKG_POSIX:
  Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGIMP_KERNEL_SCHED_SORTED_QUEUES
 CYGPKG_POSIX_TIMERS:
  Requires constraint not satisfied:  CYGBLD_ISO_POSIX_TIMER_TYPES_HEADER
==  "<cyg/posix/time.h>"
 CYGPKG_POSIX_SEMAPHORES:
  Requires constraint not satisfied:  CYGBLD_ISO_SEMAPHORES_HEADER ==
"<cyg/posix/semaphore.h>"
 CYGPKG_POSIX_UTSNAME:
  Requires constraint not satisfied:  CYGBLD_ISO_UTSNAME_HEADER ==
"<cyg/posix/utsname.h>"
 CYGPKG_POSIX_PTHREAD_REQUIREMENTS:
  Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGSEM_KERNEL_SCHED_TIMESLICE_ENABLE
 CYGPKG_POSIX_PTHREAD_REQUIREMENTS:
  Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGSEM_KERNEL_SCHED_ASR_SUPPORT
 CYGPKG_POSIX_PTHREAD_REQUIREMENTS:
  Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGSEM_KERNEL_SCHED_ASR_GLOBAL
 CYGPKG_POSIX_PTHREAD_REQUIREMENTS:
  Requires constraint not satisfied:  CYGBLD_ISO_PTHREADTYPES_HEADER ==
"<cyg/posix/types.h>"

	</cut>

	thanks in advance
	bye

-----------------***************************************----------------
				N.SURESH
		            Research Engineer,
		  Centre For Development of Telematics,
		       	   71/1,Sneha Complex,
			    Bangalore-560052
-----------------***************************************----------------

* Re: [ECOS] posix
@ 2000-11-07  5:45 ` Nick Garnett
From: Nick Garnett @ 2000-11-07  5:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Suresh N <nsuresh@cdotb.ernet.in> writes:

> Hi all,
> 	i have downloaded the latest ecos version.
> 	i am trying to add posix compliancy and test.
> 	when i try to give
> 	ecosconfig add posix

It is best to use the POSIX template when configuring for POSIX
support. Full POSIX support actually consists of components from
several packages, so just adding the POSIX compatibility package does
not provide the full functionality.

Alternatively, look at the template and make sure that all the package
mentioned there are also added.

> 	the tool is giving the 8 conflicts resolved.. but still 5
> conflicts are present in ecos.ecc.. i tried to resolve but i couldn't. so
> during compilation it is giving errors.

What are these conflicts? They are probably a result of missing packages.

--
Nick Garnett, eCos Kernel Architect
Red Hat, Cambridge, UK

* Re: [ECOS] posix
@ 2000-11-07  8:58   ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-11-07  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Garnett; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Nick Garnett wrote:

> Suresh N <nsuresh@cdotb.ernet.in> writes:
>
> > Hi all,
> >       i have downloaded the latest ecos version.
> >       i am trying to add posix compliancy and test.
> >       when i try to give
> >       ecosconfig add posix
>
> It is best to use the POSIX template when configuring for POSIX
> support. Full POSIX support actually consists of components from
> several packages, so just adding the POSIX compatibility package does
> not provide the full functionality.

Or the elix template.

> Alternatively, look at the template and make sure that all the package
> mentioned there are also added.
>
> >       the tool is giving the 8 conflicts resolved.. but still 5
> > conflicts are present in ecos.ecc.. i tried to resolve but i couldn't. so
> > during compilation it is giving errors.
>
> What are these conflicts? They are probably a result of missing packages.

There are no conflicts. The message was actually "8 conflict(s) resolved:"
etc. This is just unclear diagnostic messages causing confusion. At some
point we would like to clean this up, but we're a bit short on time right
now.

All our tools, including libcdl, are open source, so all contributions
welcome!

Jifl