* [ECOS] problem with building ecos
@ 2000-11-27 18:40 Suet Fei Li
From: Suet Fei Li @ 2000-11-27 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com'

Hi guys, I am trying to build ecos for ARM.  However, when i tried to build
library, I ran into the following problem:

---------------------

*** make  -j2
Checking header files.
make -C hal\common\v1_2_1\src
arm-elf-ar crs  M:\ecos-test2\install\lib\libtarget.a hal_generic-stub.o
hal_thread-packets.o hal_hal_stub.o hal_drv_api.o
touch libtarget.a.stamp
Can't touch libtarget.a.stamp - No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [libtarget.a.stamp] Error 1
make: *** [ M:\ecos-test2\install\lib\libextras.a] Error 2
*** Process terminated

_____
I am not sure where libtarget.a.stamp is generated.
After I commented out the line:

	$(TOUCH) $@

from the makefile, things seem to work.  but I am afraid the library does
not get updated correctly.

does anyone know what the problem is?

* Re: [ECOS] problem with building ecos
@ 2000-11-28  8:58 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-11-28  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suet Fei Li; +Cc: 'ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com'

Suet Fei Li wrote:

> Hi guys, I am trying to build ecos for ARM.  However, when i tried to build
> library, I ran into the following problem:
>
> ---------------------
>
> *** make  -j2
> Checking header files.
> make -C hal\common\v1_2_1\src

v1.2.1 is very old.

> arm-elf-ar crs  M:\ecos-test2\install\lib\libtarget.a hal_generic-stub.o
> hal_thread-packets.o hal_hal_stub.o hal_drv_api.o
> touch libtarget.a.stamp
> Can't touch libtarget.a.stamp - No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [libtarget.a.stamp] Error 1
> make: *** [ M:\ecos-test2\install\lib\libextras.a] Error 2
> *** Process terminated

Your make.exe may not be recent enough. If you are using an elderly version
of eCos, perhaps you are also using an elderly version of cygwin. Try
upgrading to the latest 1.1 release. See http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin

Another possibility is that the "touch" being picked up is not cygwin's
touch but some other touch.exe. Perhaps you should start a cygwin shell and
see what "type touch" says, and whether it corresponds to what you expect.

Have you mounted drive M: in cygwin? Try:
  mkdir /m
  mount m:/ /m

from a cygwin bash prompt to see if that helps.

Jifl