* [ECOS] ecos cvs problems
@ 2000-12-01 15:13 Andreas Schuldei
From: Andreas Schuldei @ 2000-12-01 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I got the up to date cvs snapshot of ecos and configured it (with problems
with configure: it did not look for libs and includes well, but I fixed that).

make and make installe both worked well.

I exported my ECOS_REPOSITORY and executed
ecosconfig add CYGPKG_NET

I got a couple of warnings, noticed that I had not added the net-1.0b1.epk
and did tried that with
tclsh ecosadmin.tcl add net-1.0b1.epk

But now it tells me:
ecosadmin error: package CYGPKG_NET at /home/andi/ecos/ecos/packages/net/tcpip missing

I do not know how to get out of this situation. the database seems to be
messed up, since I can not do a list or remove or anything with out the system
stopping with this error.

What should I do?

* Re: [ECOS] ecos cvs problems
@ 2000-12-01 15:30 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-12-01 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Schuldei; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Andreas Schuldei wrote:

> I got the up to date cvs snapshot of ecos and configured it (with problems
> with configure: it did not look for libs and includes well, but I fixed that).
>
> make and make installe both worked well.

You mean the host tools? You do know you can download prebuilt versions
from http://sources.redhat.com/anoncvs.html for Windows and linux, or were
you having trouble with those, or are you not on those platforms?

> I exported my ECOS_REPOSITORY and executed
> ecosconfig add CYGPKG_NET
>
> I got a couple of warnings, noticed that I had not added the net-1.0b1.epk
> and did tried that with
> tclsh ecosadmin.tcl add net-1.0b1.epk

Ah. Don't do that :). You can only use the net stuff also from the CVS
source repository. http://sources.redhat.com/anoncvs.html gives
instructions on how to add those. (loosely, cvs checkout net)

> But now it tells me:
> ecosadmin error: package CYGPKG_NET at /home/andi/ecos/ecos/packages/net/tcpip missing
>
> I do not know how to get out of this situation. the database seems to be
> messed up, since I can not do a list or remove or anything with out the system
> stopping with this error.
>
> What should I do?

In the packages directory, do a cvs update. Delete any files that have a
question mark or an M beside them. Then do *another* cvs update.

Then check out the net stuff from cvs as described above.

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] ecos cvs problems
@ 2000-12-01 15:35   ` Andreas Schuldei
From: Andreas Schuldei @ 2000-12-01 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: Andreas Schuldei, ecos-discuss

* Jonathan Larmour (jlarmour@cygnus.co.uk) [001202 00:33]:
> > I got the up to date cvs snapshot of ecos and configured it (with problems
> > with configure: it did not look for libs and includes well, but I fixed that).

Will you accept patches that are not needed under redhat? I had the feeling
that the configure script is VERY specific where it expects things. Since I
run Debian I had to make minior ajustments.

* Re: [ECOS] ecos cvs problems
@ 2000-12-01 15:56     ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-12-01 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Schuldei; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Andreas Schuldei wrote:

> * Jonathan Larmour (jlarmour@cygnus.co.uk) [001202 00:33]:
> > > I got the up to date cvs snapshot of ecos and configured it (with problems
> > > with configure: it did not look for libs and includes well, but I fixed that).
>
> Will you accept patches that are not needed under redhat? I had the feeling
> that the configure script is VERY specific where it expects things. Since I
> run Debian I had to make minior ajustments.

Absolutely. As long as they don't break under Red Hat ;).

Although if it's something to do with the location of your TCL
installation, it may be a non-issue - there are --with-tcl-header and
--with-tcl-lib arguments to configure you can use for that. But let's see
the patches anyway and we can decide. Do not send the patches to configure
or any similar generated files, i.e. send configure.in, not configure, etc.

Jifl

* [ECOS] ecos-1.3.1/host/infra/hosttest.exp
@ 2001-01-27 14:19   ` Andreas Schuldei
From: Andreas Schuldei @ 2001-01-27 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: ecos-discuss

make clean seems to illegaly remove
ecos-1.3.1/host/infra/hosttest.exp. Make complains that there is
no rule to make this target.

* Re: [ECOS] ecos-1.3.1/host/infra/hosttest.exp
@ 2001-01-29 10:30     ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-01-29 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Schuldei; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Andreas Schuldei wrote:

> make clean seems to illegaly remove
> ecos-1.3.1/host/infra/hosttest.exp. Make complains that there is
> no rule to make this target.

I don't see that here. It deletes it from the build tree, not the source
tree.

Jifl