* [ECOS] how to program brutus GDB stub into flash
@ 2000-11-30  4:10 Jun Wu
From: Jun Wu @ 2000-11-30  4:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all,
I have build strongARM SA1100 brutus board GDB stub. But I don'n know how to
program it into flash. Anybody help me?

Many thanks

Jun Wu

* RE: [ECOS] how to program brutus GDB stub into flash
@ 2000-11-30  5:50 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2000-11-30  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jun Wu; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On 30-Nov-2000 Jun Wu wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have build strongARM SA1100 brutus board GDB stub. But I don'n know how to
> program it into flash. Anybody help me?
>
> Many thanks

1. You need a FLASH programmer, capable of preogramming the Atmel 29LV1024 chips.
   (At least that's what's on my machine).
2. Somehow, either by programmer magic or programmatically, you need to split the
   binary image up into two halves.  One FLASH will get bytes 0,1,4,5,8,9,...
   while the other gets 2,3,6,7,10,11,...

That's about all there is to it.  The FLASH devices end up in sockets U35, U45.

* Re: [ECOS] how to program brutus GDB stub into flash
@ 2000-12-05  0:26   ` Roman
From: Roman @ 2000-12-05  0:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: Jun Wu, ecos-discuss

Hello,
i worked also with brutus. If you has a running angel on brutus, then you can make a
small program header for your program. This header has to be linked as the first part
of your program. It is only uses for the angel debugger to identify the file format.
The header itself has no functionality. But now you can use the angel development
tools to download your binary image and burn it into flash (using the fmu - sample).
Select the switches for starting user image and angel starts your program. If you
need more information, please use 'cc Roman.Jordan@planet-interkom.de'. I will try to
check, what i have done some weeks ago.

greetings from germany,
Roman Jordan