* RE: [ECOS] how to use redboot to boot pc
@ 2000-12-07 12:01 Fabrice Gautier
From: Fabrice Gautier @ 2000-12-07 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jonathan Larmour', niky; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Oh yes.. I was doing it manually....

> Fabrice, look at e.g. the CYGBLD_BUILD_REDBOOT_BIN option in
> the EBSA HAL.
> You can probably just copy it and remove the "compile -library" line.
>
> Niky, on the meantime you can do this yourself with objcopy -O binary
> redboot.elf redboot.bin

Well, i'm not really working on eCos/RedBoot for now... (but still waiting
for the ARM Integrator port ... ) so if anyone can do it ...

--
Fabrice Gautier
fabrice_gautier@sdesigns.com

* Re: [ECOS] how to use redboot to boot pc
@ 2000-12-07 12:08 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-12-07 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Gautier; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Fabrice Gautier wrote:

> Well, i'm not really working on eCos/RedBoot for now... (but still waiting
> for the ARM Integrator port ... ) so if anyone can do it ...

The delay has been my fault. I'll stick it up now in
ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/ecos/contrib/hal/arm/integrator , but caveat
emptor. I'll update the contrib page and send it a more formal note with
some more details as well.

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] how to use redboot to boot pc
@ 2000-12-06 11:22 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-12-06 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: niky; +Cc: ecos-discuss

niky wrote:
>     There is just redboot.elf in install/bin
>     I copy the file to floppy
>
>     dd conv=sync if=redboot.elf of=/dev/fd0H1440
>
>     and then I use the floppy to boot pc
>     but it fail.
>     There is no prompt "RedBoot>" .
>     How can I do ?

It looks like Fabrice needs to add make rules to allow redboot.bin (and
probably also redboot.srec) files to be generated, as with other targets.
Fabrice, look at e.g. the CYGBLD_BUILD_REDBOOT_BIN option in the EBSA HAL.
You can probably just copy it and remove the "compile -library" line.

Niky, on the meantime you can do this yourself with objcopy -O binary
redboot.elf redboot.bin

Jfil

* RE: [ECOS] how to use redboot to boot pc
@ 2000-12-06  9:53 Fabrice Gautier
From: Fabrice Gautier @ 2000-12-06  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'niky', ecos-discuss

Is your serial link correctly set-up ?