* [ECOS] Whom to contact for licensing issues?
@ 2000-12-11 14:32 Andreas Schuldei
       [not found] ` <3A35589E.CA7FC336@redhat.com>
From: Andreas Schuldei @ 2000-12-11 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Is there anyone (shure there is! Who is it?) both knowledgeable and
empowered concerning the ecos license?

* Re: [ECOS] Whom to contact for licensing issues?
       [not found] ` <3A35589E.CA7FC336@redhat.com>
@ 2000-12-11 14:58   ` Lewin A.R.W. Edwards
From: Lewin A.R.W. Edwards @ 2000-12-11 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour, Andreas Schuldei; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hi Jonathan,

> > Is there anyone (shure there is! Who is it?) both knowledgeable and
> > empowered concerning the ecos license?
>
>ecos-maintainers@redhat.com is the best place for such queries.

Would this also be the correct destination for inquiries related to
contribution legalistics?

I have some mass-storage and encryption code that I'd like to contribute,
that is really very generic and not at all proprietary, but happens to be
used in the product I work on in my day job. I am wondering about ways
around this issue.

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

* Re: [ECOS] Whom to contact for licensing issues?
@ 2000-12-12 10:55     ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-12-12 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lewin A.R.W. Edwards; +Cc: Andreas Schuldei, ecos-discuss

"Lewin A.R.W. Edwards" wrote:

> Hi Jonathan,
>
> > > Is there anyone (shure there is! Who is it?) both knowledgeable and
> > > empowered concerning the ecos license?
> >
> >ecos-maintainers@redhat.com is the best place for such queries.
>
> Would this also be the correct destination for inquiries related to
> contribution legalistics?

Yes.

> I have some mass-storage and encryption code that I'd like to contribute,
> that is really very generic and not at all proprietary, but happens to be
> used in the product I work on in my day job. I am wondering about ways
> around this issue.

One of the things you need to arrange is a copyright assignment. You can
find out more details at
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/faq.html#contrib_how

We can talk about this further on ecos-maintainers@redhat.com

Jifl