* Re: [ECOS] Is ecos suitable for 386EX board
       [not found] <200101020822.AAA27405@cygnus.com>
@ 2001-01-05 15:16 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-01-05 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Li Xinghua; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Li Xinghua wrote:

> hi,
> Is eCos a good solution for custom-made 386EX board?
> I hope this embedded system can boot and then run applications based on eCos,just like a PC.
>
> My host OS is Redhat Linux 6.2 and i have dowloaded ecos net release and all necessary GNUpro tools as well.
>
> One of the template available is i386PC. The tutorial guides how to build the eCos Monitor Boot
> Floppy. And there is no option to boot from ROM. What should i do?

Either contract someone (like Red Hat :-)) to do this work for you, or use
The Power Of Open Source (tm) to do it yourself. It would be a very useful
thing for someone to contribute!

Jifl
Un cheval, pas du glue. Pas du cheval, beaucoup du glue. || Opinions==mine

* [ECOS] Is ecos suitable for 386EX board
@ 2001-01-02  0:22 Li Xinghua
From: Li Xinghua @ 2001-01-02  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

hi,
Is eCos a good solution for custom-made 386EX board?
I hope this embedded system can boot and then run applications based on eCos,just like a PC.

My host OS is Redhat Linux 6.2 and i have dowloaded ecos net release and all necessary GNUpro tools as well.

One of the template available is i386PC. The tutorial guides how to build the eCos Monitor Boot
Floppy. And there is no option to boot from ROM. What should i do?

thanks.

BN3 Hosted Customer Service Solution, basic service FREE.
CRM enable your web site in 5 minutes! http://www.bn3.com