* [ECOS]Strongarm1100 UART1
@ 2001-01-18  9:04 Andrea Acquaviva
From: Andrea Acquaviva @ 2001-01-18  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

(apologies if you receive two copies of this e-mail but in the previous
one
there is a wrong sender address).

I have a simple question about serial ports of strongarm 1100.

Ecos uses serial port 3 (UART) for debugging (connection to gdb module),

and I want to manage serial port 1 (as an UART) directly, whitout ecos
driver.

I wrote a simple program (under ecos) that initializes the port and
sends data to the serial
channel, but it doesn't work. I'm sure that the program is right and the
serial
port works correctly because I tryed it as a standalone application
(compiled and linked with armsdt).

Are there some initializations of the serial port 1 that override my
application-side
serial port settings?
I removed the package CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_SA11X0, preventing
any serial device initialization, but the problem still arises.

Any hints about that?

Thanks,
Andrea.

--
Ing. Andrea Acquaviva
D.E.I.S. - Universita' di Bologna

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-01-18  9:04 UTC | newest]