* [ECOS] Problem with 'cc1plus'
@ 2001-01-29 19:49 Dan Brown
From: Dan Brown @ 2001-01-29 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I'm bringing up software on an ARM-based board, and trying to rebuild
the GDB stub for an arm-elf target on Windows 2000 using gcc 2.95.2
(note that I'm not trying to build for a THUMB target).

During the build, an error occurs that arm-elf-gcc cannot find
'cc1plus'. The executable in fact does not exist. The error occurs when
building startup.cxx, which has a line of C++ code in it. The compiles
of C code appear to work fine.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be going wrong?

-- Dan

--
Dan Brown
Bruxton Corporation

* Re: [ECOS] Problem with 'cc1plus'
@ 2001-01-30  5:51 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-01-30  5:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Brown; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Dan Brown wrote:

> I'm bringing up software on an ARM-based board, and trying to rebuild
> the GDB stub for an arm-elf target on Windows 2000 using gcc 2.95.2
> (note that I'm not trying to build for a THUMB target).
>
> During the build, an error occurs that arm-elf-gcc cannot find
> 'cc1plus'. The executable in fact does not exist. The error occurs when
> building startup.cxx, which has a line of C++ code in it. The compiles
> of C code appear to work fine.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas what could be going wrong?

Type "arm-elf-gcc -v". Is there a cc1plus file in the same directory as the
specs file it lists there? If not, perhaps your compiler build didn't work
for some reason, like not putting quotes in the make argument: LANGUAGES="c
c++"

Or perhaps you moved the compiler from where it was originally installed?

Otherwise, try introducing a "-v" option into the CYGBLD_GLOBAL_CFLAGS CDL
option and rebuild. See what cc1plus it is trying to run.

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] Problem with 'cc1plus'
@ 2001-01-31 16:10   ` Dan Brown
From: Dan Brown @ 2001-01-31 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Jonathan,

Thank you very much for the help. The problem turned out to lie in a
direction you pointed me in - it was an operator malfunction. When I
built the compiler, I wrote LANGUAGES="c c", not LANGUAGES="c c++". This
means that I failed to build the C++ support. Now everything works.

-- Dan

[The following is edited]

--
Dan Brown