* [ECOS] heap management question
@ 2001-02-01 15:40 Andrea Acquaviva - DEIS-micrel
From: Andrea Acquaviva - DEIS-micrel @ 2001-02-01 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

I have a trivial question about heap management in eCos
(I use an assabet board).

The heap area starts from the top of memory (RAM) and
go down so its size
matches the value configured in ecos.ecc
(CYGNUM_LIBC_MALLOC_MEMPOOL_SIZE), right?

Thanks,
Andrea.

* Re: [ECOS] heap management question
@ 2001-02-02 19:59 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-02-02 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aacquaviva; +Cc: ecos-discuss

"Andrea Acquaviva - DEIS-micrel (93785)" wrote:

> I have a trivial question about heap management in eCos
> (I use an assabet board).
>
> The heap area starts from the top of memory (RAM) and
> go down so its size
> matches the value configured in ecos.ecc
> (CYGNUM_LIBC_MALLOC_MEMPOOL_SIZE), right?

I take it you are referring to v1.3.1 here. In which case the heap is just
a static array defined somewhere in memory, probably not at the top.

The version in anonymous CVS is more what you would expect and allows the
heap to use all of unallocated memory.

Jifl