* [ECOS] Can't restore frame ... error in the GDB
@ 2001-02-21 18:38 K. Young Park
From: K. Young Park @ 2001-02-21 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,
I have succeeded in porting the redboot to my SA-1110 based board. Thanks for all the replies you have given to me.
I am now running some examples via the GDB remote debugging.
By the way when I run such code as twothreads in the example directory,
I sometimes see the message box saying "Couldn't restore frame in current thread, at frame 0". Though the code seems to run even after the message.
What's the meaning of this message? Did I make any mistake while the porting process?
Thanks in advance.

K. Young Park

* Re: [ECOS] Can't restore frame ... error in the GDB
@ 2001-02-23 11:50 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-02-23 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: K. Young Park; +Cc: ecos-discuss

"K. Young Park" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have succeeded in porting the redboot to my SA-1110 based board. Thanks for all the replies you have given to me.
> I am now running some examples via the GDB remote debugging.
> By the way when I run such code as twothreads in the example directory,
> I sometimes see the message box saying "Couldn't restore frame in current thread, at frame 0". Though the code seems to run even after the message.
> What's the meaning of this message? Did I make any mistake while the porting process?

Not necessarily. You could try adding -mapcs-frame to the
CYGBLD_GLOBAL_CFLAGS option. You could also try reducing the optimization
level from -O2 to -O1 or disable it (-O0) just to see if that makes a
difference; or you could also try disabling the CDL options
CYGDBG_HAL_COMMON_CONTEXT_SAVE_MINIMUM and
CYGDBG_HAL_COMMON_INTERRUPTS_SAVE_MINIMUM_CONTEXT

Let us know if one of those fixes things for you.

Jifl