* [ECOS] MPC860 SCC2 UART diagnostic driver
@ 2001-07-24  6:18 Christoph Csebits
From: Christoph Csebits @ 2001-07-24  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

hi all,

due to having time after porting RedBoot/HAL to
my custom MPC860 based board i send you this:

i am having a working SCC2 UART diagnostic driver.
The driver is based on the eCos SMC1 diagnostic driver and
here is my contribution.

As i started with it i didnt really knew where to put it.
So i put it in my local ecos repository where the SMC1
diagnostic driver is, i.e. $ECOS_REPOSITORY/hal/powerpc/quicc/

Then I adjusted "compile quicc_smc1" to "compile quicc_scc2" in
the belonging .cdl file.

thanks a lot for such a great service

best regards, christoph

* Re: [ECOS] MPC860 SCC2 UART diagnostic driver
@ 2001-07-24  7:42 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-07-24  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Csebits; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Christoph Csebits wrote:

> i am having a working SCC2 UART diagnostic driver.
> The driver is based on the eCos SMC1 diagnostic driver and
> here is my contribution.
>
> As i started with it i didnt really knew where to put it.
> So i put it in my local ecos repository where the SMC1
> diagnostic driver is, i.e. $ECOS_REPOSITORY/hal/powerpc/quicc/
>
> Then I adjusted "compile quicc_smc1" to "compile quicc_scc2" in
> the belonging .cdl file.

Thanks! That does sound like the right place to me.

We'll need a copyright assignment to be able to integrate this code though:
read http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/faq.html#contrib_assign which includes
a link to the assignment form and disclaimer. If you can just get those
signed off and sent to the address on the assignment page, we can take your
code right in. If you have any more queries, just mail ecos-maintainers
[at] redhat.com.

Thanks,

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/